VIRUS ON LAPTOP SAYS "SORRY I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND"... HELP ME PLEASe

milly1234

Estimable
Oct 24, 2014
I believe I have a virus on my laptop. Twice now my laptop has frozen and then a static/buzzing/fuzzy noise has been coming through the speakers. after about 10 seconds of it doing this my laptop then says "sorry I'm not your friend" through the speakers in a static/fuzzy voice. I've tried to google it to find out what it is but I've had no luck. If anyone knows what it is and how I can get rid of it that'd be much appreciated. Thankyou

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

I think that's just your laptop voicing it's displeasure with you...

...but no seriously I would download malwarebytes or some other malware software and scan with that

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

Or web pages/pop-ups even... I've had people tell me that their PC locks up and starts talking to them about the news, current events, etc, but it's just some sort of adware/toolbar that is freezing things up and opening some sort of ad page in the background with video footage of a CNN news anchor talking...

OP you might want to go to your add-on settings in whatever web browser you use, disable all toolbars you don't need, and then go to control panel, programs, and uninstall any kind of toolbar, "search assistant", etc...

Oct 22, 2014
if the things said above dont work, copy all your important things to a pen drive and format your laptop. Then install windows and a good virus guard. It will be ok then. Make sure you scan the pendrive with a virus guard before connecting it to the laptop after formatting