Virus wont leave

NovaRedux

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
Alright i downloaded a crack for dark souls 3, ran it and my pc went to shit.

Browser changed and other expected things
then i couldnt open the task manager or start button, so i went along and got malware bytes, found 94 infected files and quarantined them all and it still was messing up. did diskpart and performed clean on all of the hard drives in windows 10 setup and now it gets stuck at 18%
Im using a disk to install and as of typing this im moving it to a usb to try and see if that will work.

Anyone know a fix to this?
I just spent 2 months saving for my pc and its broke within 3 hours of hooking it up.
Yeah i know pirating isnt good, but i didnt expect it to get this bad.

Update, okay currently the usb is at 35%, i think im getting somewhere.

Solution
Downloading anything that you don't know what it is to your machine is bad, period. That, and it takes money away from content creators when you clearly thought highly enough of the content to go out of your way to pirate it.

Step A) Don't pirate things. Don't click on things that you don't know what they are.
Step B) If it's only 3 hours old, an easier choice might be to go to microsoft's website and download the media creation tool to the USB, and then run the USB on startup, reformat your drives, reinstall it, and refer to Step A).

genthug

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
Downloading anything that you don't know what it is to your machine is bad, period. That, and it takes money away from content creators when you clearly thought highly enough of the content to go out of your way to pirate it.

Step A) Don't pirate things. Don't click on things that you don't know what they are.
Step B) If it's only 3 hours old, an easier choice might be to go to microsoft's website and download the media creation tool to the USB, and then run the USB on startup, reformat your drives, reinstall it, and refer to Step A).

Solution

NovaRedux

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
"Downloading anything that you don't know what it is to your machine is bad, period."
Yeah uhh, i've already learned that the hard way.

"Step A) Don't pirate things. Don't click on things that you don't know what they are."
ok

"Step B) If it's only 3 hours old, an easier choice might be to go to microsoft's website and download the media creation tool to the USB, and then run the USB on startup, reformat your drives, reinstall it, and refer to Step A)."

What do you think i've been doing for the past hour?

Anyway i think ive got it working now so back to steam so i can get all those hundreds of gigabytes worth of games back

again

yay

I honestly shouldnt complain about this anyway since its all my fault, and also "Dont pirate things"

I know i shouldnt, i mainly do it for stress test's on my gpu then not touching them until i gather the money to buy it. I dont want to purchase a game and have it deemed in my eyes unplayable.

pls dont tell others what to do kthxbye

genthug

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
You said you were pushing everything from the CD to your USB, getting the media creation tool off of MS's site will be faster so that you can get around to it faster, CDs don't exactly transfer quickly. If you've got it working means the problem kinda stopped so I'm just gonna run with it--I would still reformat or immediately install malwarebytes & kaspersky/other security software and immediately do full runs on them.

"pls don't tell others what to do kthxbye" -- Then don't do something that's a felony mate. Don't know what to tell you there. I understand that you know it's your fault, but don't get snippy when someone tells you to not commit a felony. Lmao.

NovaRedux

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015

I used rufus to copy windows 10 onto a usb then got it working on my pc yay

I started this thread to try and get some help for my pc, not have someone to tell me what to do, anyways i'm certain ive fixed the problem so ill be back here tomorrow with a new problem

Since it seems like i've figured out whats happened im gonna lock the thread or delete it since theres no point in it existing now that the problems been solved

Thanks for the help genthug, i probably should've been more clear in the thread post.