*Vizio 43" 4k m-series* Picture on my TV while playing PS4 looks awful

Shanwow1989

Commendable
May 21, 2016
I recently purchased a Vizio 4k 43" M-Series Smart TV because i was persuaded by the fact that this TV was really great for gaming due to the low 2.0 gaming lag. However when I got home and set this TV up with my PS4 i was REALLY frustrated with the poor picture quality. Im plugging the HDMI cable into HDMI slot 5 (4k 60 Hz) and the picture just looks sluggish, blurry, and not as crisp as i would hoped it would be. Honestly my old PC HD monitor displayed a better picture quality than this TV. Before anyone asks...yes I did mess with the picture settings, messed with all of the different picture options (Clear Action, Reduce Noise, Active LED Zones, ect) and ive even messed with the actual display settings such as the sharpness, color, contrast, ect and no matter how many different options and hours i put into this TV the TV Picture display still looks pathetic on my PS4. Again, everything looks blurry, sluggish, and not as smooth or sharp as other HD TVs running on 1080p do. I spent over $400 on this TV and i think i may return it unless i can figure out the approipate display settings or calibrations that this TV requires. Can anyone help me here? Has anyone ever experienced a grainy, blurry, not as sharp picture while gaming on a PS4 with this TV? I
Would adjusting the picture size/ratio help at any way at all possible? How would i do that? What settings and HDMI ports did you use? Also, i bought this TV recently but its a 2015 model. I heard that there was a update for the TV but i wasnt sure if it affected or helped with the disay settings...does anyone know about this? I appreciate any and all help. I hope to hear back from someone soon. Ive bever been more frustrated in my life. I just bought Uncharted 4 and it looks like im playing it on a 480p resolution while everything is set up to display a 1080p crisp image or higher! Thanks for any leads..

Solution
What is 2.0 gaming lag?

Also, scaling adds lag, and it's not a good idea to use a PS4 with a 4k TV. You will get the best results on a 1080 TV, and lower end 4k TV's run at 60 Hz also, where as mid and high end run at 120 Hz or higher. The refresh rate directly affects the response times, which makes things seem less blurry.

Do you see a PC mode somewhere in the menu? Adjust that if possible.
What is 2.0 gaming lag?

Also, scaling adds lag, and it's not a good idea to use a PS4 with a 4k TV. You will get the best results on a 1080 TV, and lower end 4k TV's run at 60 Hz also, where as mid and high end run at 120 Hz or higher. The refresh rate directly affects the response times, which makes things seem less blurry.

Do you see a PC mode somewhere in the menu? Adjust that if possible.

Solution

ERIC J

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Sounds like it is displaying at 30hz instead off 60hz or 120hz?
is the aspect ratio on Native?
also the PS4 is 1080p so if you are upscaling to 4K the PS4 does not have the muscle in its GPU to pull that off.
Try gaming at 1080p or maybe 1440p

saratj1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
Check settings my ps4 looks great on my 4k Vizio m series. Check your settings, I'd turn off the motion blur stuff and sharpness enhancement, and 1080p to 4k scales well because 1080 is exactly half of 4k, a good Blu-ray 1080 looks better than YouTube 4k most of the time. Make sure your ps4 is putting out 1080p , and the correct aspect ratio 16:9 on both TV and ps4. The TV upscales to 4k not the ps4. Another thing to check although I'm not sure how is that the TV is getting 60hz from the ps4, 30 will look bad, 60 is fine for me some folks prefer 120 but 4k@120hz isn't really possible now 60 is barely happening.