Vizio adding speakers

Umagafresh

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
I bought a vizio 38" 5.1 system that has 2 satellite speakers and a sub. I just so happen to have an additional 2 satellites speakers that came in the box. Will I be able to split the cables from the sub to utilize all 4 speakers?

Solution
Model number would make it easier to tell what you have.
A system with 2 sats and sub is a 2.1 system. If it was a 5.1 system it would come with 5 sats and a sub.
You might be able to double up on the left right speakers but there might not be enough power to drive them. Shouldn't improve the sound any either. Just maybe a bit louder if the amp can handle them. It won't give you surround sound unless there are dedicated outputs for surround speakers.
Model number would make it easier to tell what you have.
A system with 2 sats and sub is a 2.1 system. If it was a 5.1 system it would come with 5 sats and a sub.
You might be able to double up on the left right speakers but there might not be enough power to drive them. Shouldn't improve the sound any either. Just maybe a bit louder if the amp can handle them. It won't give you surround sound unless there are dedicated outputs for surround speakers.

Solution