VIZIO Announces New 3DTVs on the Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
A Bluetooth slider remote with QWERTY keyboard is included for quick typing and browsing using the integrated VIZIO Internet Apps

I'm not sure if this is common for internet-enabled TV's, but what a great idea regardless. I'm impressed Vizio. I have no interest in 3DTV, I think it's a gimmick and it gives me a headache, but I'm always a fan of cheaper, newer toys.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i like vizio, i have a vizio lcd tv (midsize at 37") good performance and good value good to see them entering the 3d market... not that i'll probably be buying one for quite some time... still more competitors means better for the market and eventual cheaper and cheaper prices

blevsta

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
$2400 is a 3d tv on the cheap huh? That doesn't even include the 3d kit. My friend bought a 58" Samsung 3d plasma for $1880 with the 3k kit (us appliance). He could have opted for the LED 55" Samsung for $2100 with the kit (amazon). Vizio is out of their minds if they think $2400 is cheap. To buy a Vizio over Samsung, I'd expect to pay $1500 for the TV, $1800 for TV + kit.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
For those of us who need corrective lenses and can't wear contacts, 3D glasses suck. I wonder how well 3D works when a person is 18 inches from the screen.

G

vizio is using the full array LED not the edge LED most brand are using. Plus it has the higher scanning rate too.

whatisupthere

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
To people complaining about the price of this TV being high in relation to other TVs like the Samsung 58 inch plasma and Samsung 8000 series. Do you realize that the price here is a MSRP? The MSRP of the samsung 55 is something like $3500. Its not a fair to make a comparison between the VIZIO MSRP and the price your friend paid for his TV.

G

Not really that cheap!

Christop, if 3D bugged your eyes out, I'm afraid you were watching BAD 3D! Good 3D should be as easy as seeing reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.