Vizio: No power and chirping noise when power is plugged in

corbin26

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
I was watching my Vizio M50-C1 television when then screen went black (no back-light), and a chirping / clicking noise was heard. the TV would not respond to the power button on the remote or on the back of the TV. When the TV was removed from power, the noise stopped.

I tested the outlet with other devices, those worked fine. Next, I opened the back panel of the TV, and tried to identify the location where the sound originated. The sound appears to be coming from the same board that the power is plugged into, but on the opposite side (still trying to figure out how to add image).

There does not appear to be any damaged components - capacitors do not look bulged or leaking. what would be the best way to find / replace any defective component?

Thank you in advance!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
I Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 6
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 4
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
65 inch led vizio tv
Solved! My Vizio 39 Tesla won't power on and got no remote control
Solved! How do a program a universal remote to a vizio tv that has no power button to turn on
Solved! Are vizio TVs dual voltage?
vizio d32h-d1 tv
My Vizio smart tv does not have a manual power button on it an I can't order a remote that came with it because its an older
Input only button working on Vizio remote
I have a older vizio smart tv the only button on the remote that works is the power button and there is only a power button on
My vizio model number D43-E2 only has input volume and power can't connect to internet bought it with out remote any suggestio
Turn on my VIZIO HD TV w/outremote
How can I control volume & power on my Vizio M322i-b1 TV with no Remote
How to change the volume on a vizio tv without remote , I only have power button and output
How do I scan channels with no remote & my vizio only has power-volume-input buttons.
I have a Vizio TV model D40-D1 the remote won't work. And it don't have a power button on the TV. Help!
TCL P605 (local dimming) v. Vizio M55-E0 (processing power)
My vizio tv does not have a power button and remoter batteries are dead how do I turn it on model E60-C3
My vizio model#M321i-A2 tv does not have a power button on the TV itself and I am trying to power it on with a universal remot
my vizio tv does not have a power button and remote wont work.
Vizio LED 50in Tv no picture, but sound
vizio plasma, no power AT ALL after replacing power board?

ASK THE COMMUNITY