Question Vizio Rear Speakers

Jan 15, 2020
I have a Vizio 5.1 surround system. My surround speakers are connected to the sub via rca cables as came with the system. However, they’re using gold-plated extenders to be able to go up, across, and down the living room walls so there’s a significant length in cable between the sub and the speakers. The speakers work, they just sound softer/weaker than I had hoped, especially compared to a friend of mine who has the same setup but without the additional cable extension. I’ve also adjusted them within the system to be as loud as possible. My question is, would using a RCA line level amp help in this situation?

https://www.htd.com/LGB-1?gclid=Cj0...M3SosjrfVMlGlPIMYjhUWBdtG5pyJkUQaAsknEALw_wcB

i obviously don’t want to blow the rear speakers but if I could just get a little more “umph” from them id be happy. Would this type of product work?

thanks for any input.

As suggested try it without the extensions.
If the surround speakers are self powered then a line level booster would help.
If they are passive then you would just blow the booster up.
Most RCA extension cables are for line level not speaker level so you could lose power in them.
When you go into the set up menu can you get the volume of the surrounds to match the level of the other speakers when the noise is played through them? If not then you are losing signal in the extension cables. If you can then the content you are playing may not have any rear channel information and all you are hearing is some crosstalk from the other channels. Select a surround mode that will play the rears more if that's what you want.

Jan 19, 2020
Believe it or not the yellow video input cable of a composite setup (the yellow of the traditional yellow, white & red cord setup) transfers audio. my experience when I have been in a jam and resorted to using that type of cord to connect my Vizio S4251W-B4 rear speakers to the wireless sub, it seems to carry the signal longer with a lot less loss than even the original rca cords that came with it. I know it sounds stupid but it's cheap possible solution that's definitely worth a try. Hope this helps