Solved! Vizio sound bar won’t work with samsung tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2018
Hello,

I just bought a vizio sound bar with a samsung tv and tried to pair them but it didn’t work. There was no sound coming from the sound bar. They were connected through the optical audio output port. I also turned on the optical output and turned off the tv speaker in the tv menu. Please help!
My tv: https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/uhd-tvs/50-class-nu6900-smart-4k-uhd-tv-2018-un50nu6900bxza/?cid=pla-ecom-mul-27,000,002&gclid=CjwKCAiAuMTfBRAcEiwAV4SDkYuH6hlNECcaWIK59MH3TPfM-pNdff7haOSfjZqCIQQqeTOIC0FDOBoCmj8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My sound bar: https://www.vizio.com/audio/home-theater/sb3621ne8.html

Jan 7, 2019
On Samsung TV's you're using the optical output cable. Go into TV settings then to Sound setting. Change sound output to Audio Out/Optical, then from Sound settings scroll down to Expert settings. From inside expert settings change both HDMI input and Digital output Audio to PCM. If you're still not getting sound after this, try changing the input source on your Vizio controller by pressing the top center button, you should see 2 green lights appear in different locations each time you change sources.

Nov 18, 2018

I tried that too. Changed it from dolby digital to pmc. Still nothing

Last thing I have is, some Toslink connectors are tight to plug in, specially when new, amazingly may require some fingers muscle. You should feel a latch engaging. Assuming it's hook up to TV, looking at the other end of that cable should see the red laser, just don't look directly into it.

Nov 18, 2018
I tried to unplug and plug it back again but nothing happened.

Thank you for your help though! I’m trying to contact vizio customer service about this.

Jan 6, 2019

Did you get it to work? I’m having the same issue!

Jan 7, 2019
On Samsung TV's you're using the optical output cable. Go into TV settings then to Sound setting. Change sound output to Audio Out/Optical, then from Sound settings scroll down to Expert settings. From inside expert settings change both HDMI input and Digital output Audio to PCM. If you're still not getting sound after this, try changing the input source on your Vizio controller by pressing the top center button, you should see 2 green lights appear in different locations each time you change sources.

Jun 16, 2019
gulianelloa1 -- Thank you for your answer for the Samsung TV and Vizio soundbar. We had been messing around for a WEEK trying to get them to work together. Finally found your solution and it worked!! Many, many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
O Streaming Video & TVs 11
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 3