Status
Not open for further replies.

littleberry

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
Is there any software available that will allow comprehensive editing of short wav files of voice data? I am specifically thinking of ways to alter the recognizable traits of a given voice so that it would sound like a different voice altogether. I envision effects like nasal tint, pitch, forcefulness (ie, strong vs lazy diction), muffled, etc. I wonder if it is possible to create an effect that would make a given wav file with a short word or two sound like it was spoken with a foreign accent. If this kind of voice-editing hasn't been developed, I wonder why. Surely someone somewhere has studied this and created a software package from the research? Littleberry

riser

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Immediately I start thinking you want to use this software to change your voice into the voice of something with an arabic accent so you can make voice recordings and threats.

But that's just how my mind works..

I guess it goes along with the guy who asked how he can basically hide a file that no one could ever find, even the best techs..

But then again, I do computers because I was never good at being a detective.

littleberry

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
Suppose I wanted to add sound to a short "stick man" clip where one says something simple and the other replies - I could use my own voice for both characters, but I would like to have a voice-tool with some controls to give each character distinct sounding voices. For example, I could record "how do you do" normally, and then I could record it where I force my voice to sound foreign and higher pitched.
These two recording provide clues as to what characteristics of a wav file make voices sound distinct - but, I can't believe this research hasn't already been done and someone sells a program with controls to take any recorded voice and tweek it out of recognition. This would be a valuable tool for adding sound to short animated clips.
I recall the bugs bunny cartoons where one expert provided all the voices, but, alas, most of us aren't that talented.
With computers, however, we should be able to create any desired voice we can imagine. Surely there is such a program already available - no? Littleberry

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Years ago I used a program called Goldwave (sp) to alter my voice so it sounded like 1940s military radio chatter. It came out pretty decent...

....WW (5.1)

riser

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
haha whoa there cowboy.

CoolEdit was a program I used for tweaking sounds and some voices. I don't know what version is out there now as a I have a version that is like a year or two old now.

It was simple and looked like most music/sound editing software out there.

I couldn't remember the name of the software off hand so I had to check my computer at home to get the name of it.

I'm not a huge fan of graphics or sound editing, so I have to check my home computer to remember what programs I used to do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.