Solved! Volume control via HDMI or other output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2018
I have a Dayton Audio DTA-2.1bt2 amplifier. I have a samsung tv with optical and hdmi ports, it also supports blue tooth. I want to be able to control the volume via tv and tv remote In short, if I strip the audio signal from an hdmi output, will I able to adjust the audio on the tv thus the analog volume on to the amplifier, thus the output volume from the speakers?

I have connected this system via Bluetooth on to discover Samsung won’t allow me to adjust the volume. Boo Samsung.

Solution
All TV audio outputs are usually fixed volume unless the TV menu can change that. Only ARC with CEC turned on allows for the TV volume to control an audio system over HDMI but your amp doesn't support that.
The only way to do it would be to open the TV and connect the wires now going to the internal TV speakers to a speaker to line level converter. That will give you an output for the analog aux input of the amp. Or replace the amp with an AVR or amp that has a remote.
All TV audio outputs are usually fixed volume unless the TV menu can change that. Only ARC with CEC turned on allows for the TV volume to control an audio system over HDMI but your amp doesn't support that.
The only way to do it would be to open the TV and connect the wires now going to the internal TV speakers to a speaker to line level converter. That will give you an output for the analog aux input of the amp. Or replace the amp with an AVR or amp that has a remote.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.