VPN configuration/settings based on connection type

G

Hello folks, how are you all today ? I do not exactly have a definitive way to ask this question, but I am dead sure that you will figure it out. So without further due here it is:

Our internet connection is an Institute connection that is on a 1gigabit network. But it has proxy servers through which people have to connect. A sample proxy server example would be:
10.w.xxx.2yy port:8080(Also as much as I know, it uses https where it can). Now my question is, are there any VPN softwares out there that allow the user to set up the connection through a proxy server ? Say any cog-wheel(settings) that would allow me to do it.

Most of the time what people does here is they connect Your-Freedom or any such softwares & then maybe use some kind of VPN's to game,open certain web sites etc.I am not asking for this kind of connection. Only if the above scenario is possible or not.

I have Windows 7. Will be soon upgrading to Windows 10. My roomie uses a Windows 10 Laptop & has the same issue like me. Guy needs to play games like World of tanks, War Thunder etc. Those are strictly online games. No offline stuffs.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions or even pointing out to an appropriate website like this for further help(if needed). Take Care & Good Night(Indian Standard Time).

Solution
If i understand this correctly, you are on school campus and connect to their internet via wifi/ethernet. You would be connecting to their main servers which im sure that have a proxy setup. Im guessing your asking if you want to connect to a vpn through the schools internet? If on windows pay for a vpn service such as IPvanish (what i use). It will route what ever internet your connected to through their protected servers. Or you can use OpenVPN which is what the IPvanish software uses. Although if you dont know what ur doing dont manually connect through openvpn cause its difficult for people with little knowledge. (Linux users no prob lol). Idk if thats what ur asking.

msfexploit

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
If i understand this correctly, you are on school campus and connect to their internet via wifi/ethernet. You would be connecting to their main servers which im sure that have a proxy setup. Im guessing your asking if you want to connect to a vpn through the schools internet? If on windows pay for a vpn service such as IPvanish (what i use). It will route what ever internet your connected to through their protected servers. Or you can use OpenVPN which is what the IPvanish software uses. Although if you dont know what ur doing dont manually connect through openvpn cause its difficult for people with little knowledge. (Linux users no prob lol). Idk if thats what ur asking.

Solution
G

:fou: (For saying I am in school :( ). But thanks that is what I am asking.:) :) . Also what about other VPN's like expressVPN or Private Internet Access(for games) etc. Do they use the same protocol of OpenVPN ?

G

PIA is not available in India, Ivacy is not good at all & I am not sure if ExpressVPN works in the situation I mentioned above.

msfexploit

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
all VPNs are available anywhere with a VPN lol. Jokes aside, check IPvanish this will be the best vpn choice period. Also as long as you can pay for it openvpn will be good if you cant access software.

G

Well ExpressVPN failed. Most probably IPvanish will fail too. Just to give you an update.