VPN Review: Request Tom's update their reviews of VPN

neonphelps

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
It appears that Tom's edit what I wrote and I believe removed some of the master points from it, so i will try to edit their edited...
It is 2017 and with Lodi (Neon: i do not know what Lodi is) and other requirements, it would be nice for Tom's to provide a comprehensive review.
PIA: very bad tech support:
I tried PIA. Emailed support several times, even some in response to a PIA generated email from "New User Express Support" which I believed provided some "special" consideration, I even included a doc with pictures a configuration setting for the more up to date version of their "configuring the ASUSWRT Merlin" for their VPN -their doc was based on older Merlin Version. I Did not get one response to any emails sent, other than automated ack they received it.
PIA Very bad speed:
Tried all of their servers, with both VPN on & Off, Tested with other speed testing software, tried tests with both Wired and WiFi Ethernet
Would be happy to provide Tom's or anyone else with the documentation leading to my conclusions- The get a rating of ZERO from me. Hoping Tom's may update their VPN testing for 2017.

theyeti87

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
I would be interested in a comprehensive VPN review as well. I've tried IP Vanish and PIA, was sold on "no logging" and "fast server". I'd love to be able to use the 130Mbit down cable connection through VPN, but all services turn it into a 10down/1up connection.

neonphelps

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Maybe we have started a movement, though i am not sure how to petition Tom's to do it.
I would do it, but one has to pay for each of the VPNS. I paid PIA and then requested and got a refund as all took place within the 7 day period. Can publish my PIA details if i haven't deleted them.