VPN Software for iPhone to Enable Windows Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I found out this weekend that the iphone comes w\ built in VPN. I got a free RDP app from the app store and in minutes was connected to my workstation @ the office...

However, upon connecting I got a message about my iphone being low on memory. Overall navigation of a remote system is a little sluggish and just a little hard to navigate w\ the 4'' screen.

This is still great though, especially for the next time somebody tells me they can't connect into the vpn and i can just be like.... well, i'm connected w\ my phone !

piratepast40

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
I agree that it sounds like a good idea. As far as security, the VPN administrator is responsible for securing the existing network. Adding another device shoulnd't be a big deal. As far as bogging down when in remote - it depends on the application. If you're just viewing files then it's not a big deal. If you're working across multiple programs and a large database, you'll run into the same memory and speed problems as you would with any other VPN and remote machines.

G

To clarify the Citrix Receiver for iPhone will enable windows apps to run securely on a remote Citrix XenApp server. The user feels like the app is local its actually managed by IT in the data center.

Status
Not open for further replies.