VR Is a Bust for 2016, But There's Real Hope for Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin_122

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
"I'm a clumsy fool, there for VR is a bust this year" meanwhile I'm having the time on my life. Also VR will not be any different from that with that level of fidelity for another 5 years. You have to factor in battery life if you want something wireless and all the sensors that have to be powered and latency.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Glad you're having fun. That wasn't might point. It's too cumbersome right now. You're right though that truly great wireless solutions could be another year off.

bcasey9673

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
I have doubts on this as there are some limitations in VR. You will need a VR headset to access any content. However, in AR, you can access content using your smartphone or lenses so it is a good option to reach more users.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
I agree that AR looks promising. The Lenovo Tango phone is an important first step

Daekar3

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
I don't care about the wires, because I have no intention of clearing a special space in my house to wander around in. That's crazy. All I want is for prices to come down far enough that I can have a reasonably good VR experience on my PC without causing my own divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.