Wal-Mart to Sell the iPhone at Cheapest Price Yet: $197

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"why not sell it in a consumer friendly retail outlet?"
Do you really consider Wall Mart consumer firendly? Every time I go there, I feel like pubching everyone because of the crowd....

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Diminish the cool factor? If overpaying for a cell phone and data plan is cool, count me out. Also, as someone pointed out on a different website, Walmart DOES sell iPods, so why not the iPhone?

Besides, how much of a statement is a $300 phone anyway? Lots of people can afford a $300 phone, I have that much cash in my wallet. I guess iPhone owners are only trying to impress the impoverished members of our society who already have other, more important things to worry about than cell phone brand. You'd have to be a major A-hole to think owning an iPhone makes you better than anyone.

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I don't think "cool" has anything to do with the price of an object.

Beanie babies used to be cool and they cost about $5 each.

Offering the iPhone for a $2 discount isn't going to draw many people to Walmart. If they did offer the $99 4GB version then that would be a big deal, because a lot of people don't need 8GB of storage on a phone.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
Whats with all the iPhone haters? I've had one since the July launch of the 3g and I love it, its pretty much a laptop replacement (I know it cant do everything, but its close). And who cares about $35 for data, that's not that much money for being able to access the web anywhere, an air card costs $60 a month. Of course going to walmart to buy an iPhone does not sound fun. I'd rather go to an AT&T store where all the employees still have their front teeth.

G

There is a reason that theres over 10million Iphones out there...because its so f'ing cool!!! Had it for 2 months now and it is the best electronic gadget/phone ever...

G

"It's the singer not the song that makes the music move along"

G

No walmart doesn't have the lowest price at sams club its for 48$

Status
Not open for further replies.