Walmart: Xbox 360 Arcade & Free $100 Gift Card

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

td25er

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]oh how nice they give you $100 gift certificate with it so when your looking for a replacement after 6-12 months due to it giving them the RROD then they can go back to Walmart and use the gift certificate to buy a replacement[/citation]

Hey genius, Microsoft has a 3-year warranty on RROD and E74, Only an idiot would buy a new one in 6-12 months when Microsoft will do it for free. Maybe you're just an idiot.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]td25er[/nom]Hey genius, Microsoft has a 3-year warranty on RROD and E74, Only an idiot would buy a new one in 6-12 months when Microsoft will do it for free. Maybe you're just an idiot.[/citation]

or maybe i just know better not to waste my money on poor quality harware

and talk to the people who are still waiting for a box from MS after close to a moth just to wait up to another month just to get a refurbished xbox back that will no doubt fail on them too

it could be a lifetime warranty and it would still not be worth the headaches of owning that console.

G

By the way, the gift card comes bundled in the package which means you have to open the box to get to it.
That means you will have to pay $199 to get to the $100 gift card which is only redeemable at Walmart of course.
Just in case you are planning on using the gift card toward the purchase of the XBox, that's not going to happen.
So go right ahead and mob the Walmart store and even if you manage to camp out there and get one ahead of the rest of the demented people you will still have a really poor quality system that will cost you hundreds of dollars in the long run to maintain.

wowisdabomb

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2007
Well... I showed up to Walmart to get this deal.. apparently they where out of the consoles?

Yep.. bait and switch.. I saw a few people come in and ask for the 360 arcade on Saturday, and where turned away..

scam!

G

I think my local WallyWorld must have had all of about 3 to sell. What garbage that is. They probably went to the morons who get there at 4am too.

Oh, to all of you douche bags ragging this deal, you dont have to buy it. Yes thats right, you indeed do not have to. Since when is a 100 dollar gift card a bad thing? Its mind boggling the idiocy some people display. Oh and memo to political guy, GTFO, this is a discussion about a good deal on an XBOX not about why you dont like Walmart and how America is doomed.

Bottom line is these new Arcade versions, from what I have read, have the new mobo that does not rrod. Pretty safe buy imo, pick up a used HDD and another controller and you're set.

G

You told me I would receive a 100 dollar gift card. Fraud, in the course of interstate commerce, a federal criminal offense. You only wanted my info to sell it and now I receive a hundred spam messages a day, and still DO NOT have the card you promised me. One day you will receive payback from the people you victimized. Class action suit, indictments, all sounds good to me and, given my extensive legal experience, Im ready and willing to help. PIGS

Status
Not open for further replies.