Wanted; a place to put photos on the web

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hello

I want to put several pictures on the web so they can be accessed by some
people in a non-binary news groups. I tried using the Canon site I
registered with after buying a 350D but it made no sense.

Is there a simple way to put less than half a meg of pictures on the web?

Thanks

John
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sat, 14 May 2005, eatmorepies <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote:

>I want to put several pictures on the web so they can be accessed by some
>people in a non-binary news groups. I tried using the Canon site I
>registered with after buying a 350D but it made no sense.
>
>Is there a simple way to put less than half a meg of pictures on the web?

As far as I know all ISPs give their customers some web space. Always more
than half a meg. Doesn't Tiscali? Then all you have to do is to FTP them
there. You don't need any html. You can then simply refer to them as ..
..jpg in your newsgroup post.

Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"eatmorepies" <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> writes:
> Is there a simple way to put less than half a meg of pictures on the web?

Try http://imageshack.us
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

John,
www.fotki.com will give you a free account limited to 10 megabytes.
You can get unlimited space for $50usd per year.
It is very easy to load photos on to the site, I have only dialup service
and do not have any problems.
It is easy to add comments and captions to the pictures and anyone can view
them without any special software (quicktime is needed only to veiw
slideshow, not single images.) Also you can order prints directly from Fotki
for a reasonable price. I have not tried this yet so can not comment on
print quality.
Please feel free to check out my album at: www.fotki.com/jhrosier
I have no connection with Fotki, except as a subscriber.
I set up my albums so that my family, which is spread out across the
country, can veiw my photos and leave comments.

Regards, Jack
"eatmorepies" <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote in message
news:42865631_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> Hello
>
> I want to put several pictures on the web so they can be accessed by some
> people in a non-binary news groups. I tried using the Canon site I
> registered with after buying a 350D but it made no sense.
>
> Is there a simple way to put less than half a meg of pictures on the web?
>
> Thanks
>
> John
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Jack Rosier wrote:
> John,
> www.fotki.com will give you a free account limited to 10 megabytes.
> You can get unlimited space for $50usd per year.
> It is very easy to load photos on to the site, I have only dialup
> service and do not have any problems.
> It is easy to add comments and captions to the pictures and anyone
> can view them without any special software (quicktime is needed only
> to veiw slideshow, not single images.) Also you can order prints
> directly from Fotki for a reasonable price. I have not tried this
> yet
> so can not comment on print quality.
> Please feel free to check out my album at: www.fotki.com/jhrosier
> I have no connection with Fotki, except as a subscriber.
> I set up my albums so that my family, which is spread out across the
> country, can veiw my photos and leave comments.
>
> Regards, Jack
> "eatmorepies" <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote in message
> news:42865631_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>> Hello
>>
>> I want to put several pictures on the web so they can be accessed
>> by
>> some people in a non-binary news groups. I tried using the Canon
>> site I registered with after buying a 350D but it made no sense.
>>
>> Is there a simple way to put less than half a meg of pictures on
>> the
>> web?
>>

I'd bet that your ISP, offering as they do a limited amount of Web
space, will be happy to make the transfer of files to your portion as
easy as possible. Ask them?

For my part, I used up the ISP free space in very little time.

Now I use Fototime.com, no relation.

500MB for about two dollars US a month, payable yearly in advance,
they will take your videos for display at another buck and a half a
month. Easy upload by drag-and-drop or using their proprietary
software.

My examples of various sizes are at
http://www.fototime.com/inv/CCD804C9A95DFEE

I'm within 5MB of filling the first 500MB with special albums and
web-linked images, after about 2 and a half years of pretty constant
use.

Frank ess
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

>
> >I want to put several pictures on the web so they can be accessed by some
> >people in a non-binary news groups. I tried using the Canon site I
> >registered with after buying a 350D but it made no sense.
> >
> >Is there a simple way to put less than half a meg of pictures on the web?
>
> As far as I know all ISPs give their customers some web space. Always more
> than half a meg. Doesn't Tiscali? Then all you have to do is to FTP them
> there. You don't need any html. You can then simply refer to them as ..
> .jpg in your newsgroup post.
>
It appears that Tiscali give me some web space but I can't figure out how to
get at it. What is FTP? No worries, I shall ask a 14 year old at work on
Monday.

Thanks.

John
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sat, 14 May 2005, eatmorepies <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote:

>It appears that Tiscali give me some web space but I can't figure out how to
>get at it. What is FTP? No worries, I shall ask a 14 year old at work on
>Monday.

FTP is File Transfer Protocol. Numerous freeware FTP programs exist. I have
been a fan of WS_FTP for the past 10 years.

I was planning to show you a list of them at the tucows.com site. But I
find they recently redesigned the site, and wow, it is BAD!

This is a popular one I have never used: http://www.cuteftp.com/cuteftp

This is the home version of the one I use (I have the Pro version):
http://www.ipswitch.com/products/ws_ftp/home/index.html

Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

eatmorepies wrote:
>>>I want to put several pictures on the web so they can be accessed by some
>>>people in a non-binary news groups. I tried using the Canon site I
>>>registered with after buying a 350D but it made no sense.
>>>
>>>Is there a simple way to put less than half a meg of pictures on the web?
>>
>>As far as I know all ISPs give their customers some web space. Always more
>>than half a meg. Doesn't Tiscali? Then all you have to do is to FTP them
>>there. You don't need any html. You can then simply refer to them as ..
>>.jpg in your newsgroup post.
>>
>
> It appears that Tiscali give me some web space but I can't figure out how to
> get at it. What is FTP? No worries, I shall ask a 14 year old at work on
> Monday.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John
>
>
You may have to call your ISP's service helpdesk for exact instructions
to use the feature. It is not particularly difficult, once set up.


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Don Wiss wrote:
> On Sat, 14 May 2005, eatmorepies <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote:
>
>
>>It appears that Tiscali give me some web space but I can't figure out how to
>>get at it. What is FTP? No worries, I shall ask a 14 year old at work on
>>Monday.
>
>
> FTP is File Transfer Protocol. Numerous freeware FTP programs exist. I have
> been a fan of WS_FTP for the past 10 years.
>
> I was planning to show you a list of them at the tucows.com site. But I
> find they recently redesigned the site, and wow, it is BAD!
>
BAD isn't quite the way I would describe it. Unusable comes to mind,
especially since it only seems to work on IE. It has been deleted from
my bookmarks.
n

> This is a popular one I have never used: http://www.cuteftp.com/cuteftp
>
> This is the home version of the one I use (I have the Pro version):
> http://www.ipswitch.com/products/ws_ftp/home/index.html
>
> Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sat, 14 May 2005, eatmorepies <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote:

>It appears that Tiscali give me some web space but I can't figure out how to
>get at it. What is FTP?

No reason for you to have to pay for a shareware one. You don't need any
fancy features. So this seems to be the most popular free one:
http://www.coffeecup.com/free-ftp/

Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"eatmorepies" <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote in message
news:42865631_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> Is there a simple way to put less than half a meg of pictures on the web?
>
Yes it's called............

www.Webshots.com
 

john

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2003
1,001
0
19,230
0
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Try http://photobucket.com. I use it all the time.

John

"RustY©" <No.Mail@All.Thanks> wrote in message
news:kMChe.5607$sE4.4419@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
>
> "eatmorepies" <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote in message
> news:42865631_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>> Is there a simple way to put less than half a meg of pictures on the web?
>>
> Yes it's called............
>
> www.Webshots.com
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:18:41 -0400, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 14 May 2005, eatmorepies <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote:
>
>>It appears that Tiscali give me some web space but I can't figure out how to
>>get at it. What is FTP? No worries, I shall ask a 14 year old at work on
>>Monday.
>
>FTP is File Transfer Protocol. Numerous freeware FTP programs exist. I have
>been a fan of WS_FTP for the past 10 years.
>
>I was planning to show you a list of them at the tucows.com site. But I
>find they recently redesigned the site, and wow, it is BAD!
>
>This is a popular one I have never used: http://www.cuteftp.com/cuteftp
>
Lucky you --CuteFTP is well known as a carrier of the Radiate
spyware.


>This is the home version of the one I use (I have the Pro version):
>http://www.ipswitch.com/products/ws_ftp/home/index.html

Right -- WS_FTP Pro is well worth the price. I have used it
for years. One of its nifty little features is the ability to force
lower-case on uploaded files -- nice when yourCanaon camera puts out
IMG_xxxx.JPG and you don't want to have people mis-typing filenames
and getting 404s.


>
>Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Digital Cameras 1
C Digital Cameras 1
M Digital Cameras 1
S Digital Cameras 5
K Digital Cameras 1
L Digital Cameras 10
V Digital Cameras 1
P Digital Cameras 6
C Digital Cameras 5
Y Digital Cameras 2
K Digital Cameras 1
H Digital Cameras 1
J Digital Cameras 1
H Digital Cameras 1
E Digital Cameras 3
S Digital Cameras 2
G Digital Cameras 1
K Digital Cameras 1
A Digital Cameras 1
J Digital Cameras 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY