Wanting to get some speakers for my setup, any suggestions?

GMj0sh

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016
I’ve been trying to browse for some speakers to put on my ghost shelves above my monitor, but I have no idea what I’m looking for and mainly just looking at price tags. I don’t have any knowledge about sound quality and such, and not sure what I’m supposed to be looking for. I want to just use the speakers for listening to music or just watching videos, nothing extreme. If anyone would have some suggestions for good speakers I would be thankful.

I’m looking for something that fits what’s below

Fits color scheme of black
Below $250 or equal to.
Unsure of a subwoofer, but if it’s worth it tell me.
I would not like wood to be on the speakers.
Something that’s simple to use.

Thanks!

GMj0sh

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016

Would the R2000DB need a subwoofer to go along with it? Or is there already a subwoofer with the speakers? If you know a good subwoofer that would go with the R2000DB could you suggest one? (Sorry for the question, I just want to get the best out of it).

FredS

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
Computer satellite speakers (2 or 4) are great, and can be placed where you are in the middle most of the time. Add a sub-woofer basically anywhere (as they are, more or less, omnidirectional), and the sound quality gets much better. My sub is under my desk. If you can't do that, put everything in a corner of the room as that accentuates bass. Have a great day!

Carlton999

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
The best speakers to get are the ones that sound good to you. People can only tell you what sounds best to them. Your going have to get out there and listen for yourself. Everyones ears are different and hear different things. What sounds good to one person might not sound good to you.

InfoArch

Estimable
Apr 20, 2016

...till they don't. It sounds like you got lucky with Logitech. My experience is their customer service is the worst. They do not repair anything nor will they sell any parts. If anything goes wrong with your Logitech product, throw it in the trash. That's not how I roll.

Harley Walter

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

Harley Walter

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Hi GMj)sh, After I built my desktop I wanted a decent set of speakers. I found them on Amazon, Cyber Acoustic # Ca-3602a, good speakers for around $45. check out the number of reviews. A couple years later I upgraded with Logtech Z906 which I'm happy with. I hope this helps you.

kyria9

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014

I have to agree with this. I bought some for my husband 2 years ago after we had a bad experience with Creative, and we love them. He still gets a look of panic if the kids get near them.

bigwoofer

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

I bet your husband loves you! :D While Klipsch computer speaker amps are known to fail over time - note they're giving you audiophile quality for less than $200. You will hear parts of songs you've never heard before. And the Bash amplifiers are high enough quality that some folks on Ebay have built small businesses out of upgrading them, eliminating the weak spots. So you ship them your failed Klipsch 2.1 amp after 4-10 years, and get a upgraded amp for $90 that will never fail again.

Good stuff.

Rajxix70

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015

May I suggest a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 11.1's..

https://www.whathifi.com/wharfedale/diamond-111/compare-prices

I've had, at least, 1 pair of Wharfedale Diamond Series speakers my abode since 1987,
Way back to my original purchase of a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9's
https://www.reevoo.com/p/wharfedale-diamond-9-0

Which still work and are now being cheerfully abused by my Grandson..
I highly recommend, at least, a demo with your local retailer if possible.