Warning: Hackers Attacking Via PowerPoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I don't remember the last time I opened an Office document from a source I didn't trust. This goes back to people opening suspicious attachments.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]richning28[/nom]Even sources "whom you know" pass on stupid infected powerpoint files![/citation]
I've reformatted 90% of the people's computers I'm in regular e-mail contact with. I wouldn't trust their attachments if I really cared, but I'm using Ubuntu Studio 70% of the time. And as far as Windows goes, I don't keep any important files on my Windows boot, and I use a slip streamed disc that configures and installs all my programs in about an hour. So I'm rather quick to reformat if I have any issues.

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
Well I use open office. And I don't recieve many word documents. Ever attachment I do download is scanend automagically by anti-virus and spyware (avast and adware).

G

my uncle would ALWAYS send me forwards with a 'funny' powerpoint comic/video/some other excuse for it. I NEVER opened them, why? Cause I never trust powerpoint/word/excel/whatever unless I requested it from them.

resonance451

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Don't even mention Conficker. That was blown up by the media out of nothing, and you don't need to inflate it by referring to it.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]fuser[/nom]My thoughts exactly, resonance451. He must have meant the big Conficker non-event.[/citation]
No doubt, I was excited to see a whole lot of people hooped by Conficker… but nothing, it was all hype.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]I don't remember the last time I opened an Office document from a source I didn't trust. This goes back to people opening suspicious attachments.[/citation]
Those people would be my mom! Guess I'm lucky she ain't got ms office :)

Status
Not open for further replies.