Was the thread I posted 5 minutes ago in violation of the rules?

Purplewisp

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
So I recently posted a thread that was removed without any message or email to me explaining, or even saying why it was removed. This leads me to believe that it was an error, and thus I am asking if it was intentional. It was a question asking if I could use generic software on an iPod, or manually install iPod software without using iTunes, since iTunes is very picky on windows. It was posted in Audio under iPod, software and formatting.

Does any of this violate the rules? Is there a rule restricting questions from new members that I didn't see mentioned in the rules? Or is manually uploading software to an iPod, even when the question also asks if you can manually upload legit iPod software, in violation of the rules and/ or illegal? I would assume that it isn't illegal since there are many existing ways to get an iPod formatted and synced to a different music player, but the majority of those [strike]use[/strike] involve iTunes, which I would rather avoid using entirely.

My tone in the last two paragraphs is inquisitive, and not angry or aggressive. I know that isn't the easiest thing to "hear" from text, so I just want to point that out in advance so that everyone reading this knows that I just want to know the reason my thread was removed without any message. And that I am not complaining about it having been removed. I appreciate anyone explaining this to me. Thank you.

The only previous thread of yours I'm seeing was posted an hour and three minutes before you posted this one. It's not been deleted.

I'm guessing that it was not posted in the first place - if it had anything remotely resembling a phone number in the title, it might have run into some aggressive anti-spam stuff.

Purplewisp

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
I get a 404 error when I view the thread, and I am nearly positive that I posted it. I would have noticed if I clicked the preview button right next to it. I also remember looking at the page after posting it, and seeing it linked in the forums, but after refreshing it later I got the error message and it disappeared from the forums. I saw it in the audio section, and the all section.

For one thing, I don't even know how I would have gotten the link to the thread without posting it. The only thing I could think of, is that there was a thread posted right after mine that looked suspiciously like a spambot. It was alot longer than 5 minutes between posts, but I am surprised that it was an hour back.. guess I exaggerated a bit.

This is the link to the thread that worked earlier http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2400511/format-ipod-install-generic-mp3-player-software-manually.html

Well, if the mistake is on my end, and I'm having memory issues, is it fine to just repost the thread if it wasn't violating any rules? Thank you for looking into this by the way.

Edit: I was using incognito for Chrome when I posted it, since its nice to have stuff not show up in the history (it autofills things that you have searched or went to before, which is annoying if you are going to a new site and you like to use the autofill feature).