Waste Tax Payers Dollars With Balloon Boy Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Obama could have saved 1/2 a job with that money! Outrageous!

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]kelfen[/nom]This also reminds me of Obama's stimilus package[/citation]

Don't make me bring up the Iraq war 'emergency funding' (Courtesy of G.W. Bush) that added about 1,000,000,000,000 to the national debt, and was only marginally effective at creating jobs.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I love watching that tape where Wolf Blitzer is interviewing the family and the kid says, "we did this for the show." Really scumbag parents expecting their child to lie.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]gaevs[/nom]Jane, you post from Ireland??.. beautifull place.. i'll love to go there for vacation.[/citation]

A very rainy, wet, drunk holiday you'll be having then. And yes, I'm a Dublin girl, born and bred.

asjflask

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Obama isn't interested in creating jobs only destroying them. Already the debt you're referring to has been outspent by Obama and he hasn't been in office a full year yet. Can't wait to see the US National Debt in 4 years. We may as well file bankruptcy and start anew in 2012 with the next president.

FoShizzleDizzle

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Wow, what a crappy game. The key inputs are totally unresponsive and the hit detection is abysmal. I don't even get within a mere inch of a bird and it counts as me being hit. What a trash game.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]Don't make me bring up the Iraq war 'emergency funding' (Courtesy of G.W. Bush) that added about 1,000,000,000,000 to the national debt, and was only marginally effective at creating jobs.[/citation]
No, actually, let's bring it up. First of all, let's get your facts straight. To date, the Iraq war has cost $692 billion. This for a military action, running for over six and a half years, against a totalitarian government known to use WMDs against its own people, sponsor terrorism in foreign countries, and who's continued refusal to abide by UN inspection guidelines led to 11 resolutions, the last of which warned of military action for "...violation of Security Council Resolution 1373, Iraq support terrorist organizations that direct violence against Iran, Israel, and Western governments....And al-Qaida terrorists escaped from Afghanistan are known to be in Iraq."

The results of that military action are undisputable. A ruthless dictator and his barbaric sons are dead. 28 million people who lived under the iron heel of The Butcher of Baghdad, who is known to have killed about two million people, are free.

Now, compare that to the "Stimulus Package." This has saved or created maybe 30,000 jobs (which is insignificant next to the 10,000,000 jobs we've lost) at an estimated immediate increase to the national debt of $1,400,000,000,000! Barack Obama has, in a very short 9 months, increased our deficit more then the sum of all the deficits we had for the first 200 years that this country existed!

You want to keep going? We can talk about the unchecked cost of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Public Education (given the abysmal performance of our system, it's awefully hard to justify this as a continued federal expense). Those four items, right there, constitute the lion's share of the federal budget. We have over $50,000,000,000,000 in unfunded obligations because of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. So spare us your self-righteous indignation and sanctimonious hand ringing.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
At least, with this one, we knew how the money was wasted. Just try to imagine how the government wastes the rest of your tax money. Or don't, if you want to stay happy.

danimal_the_animal

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
Stupid Ass Firefighters waste more Tax dollars driving the firetruck that gets 5 miles to the gallon to the supermarket rather than DRIVE THEIR PERSONAL VEHICLE!!!!

and they even wear their work clothes to disneyland like its some sort of fantasy job.

I make more money being an IT manager and doing less work than sweating like a pig in a fire for alot less.

G

The US government spent 750 Billion to reenergize the American economy which is worse then ever and your whining because you spent a few bucks on attempting to help a child who may have been in a run away ballon.

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]danimal_the_animal[/nom]Stupid Ass Firefighters waste more Tax dollars driving the firetruck that gets 5 miles to the gallon to the supermarket rather than DRIVE THEIR PERSONAL VEHICLE!!!!and they even wear their work clothes to disneyland like its some sort of fantasy job.I make more money being an IT manager and doing less work than sweating like a pig in a fire for alot less.[/citation]
[citation][nom]danimal_the_animal[/nom]ballon?????[/citation]

You also make less friends being an arrogant prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.