Watch the Most-Pirated Movies (legally): Oct. 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
The world wonders why us Australians pirate so much but it's so simple.

Anything listed in this article either isn't available or you pay $24-30+ for a digital copy to stream/keep when you can go to Big W and get the damn physical DVD or Bluray instead for $15.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Now, that means the Official BluRay version of these films are out.!!
Thanks Toms.....now to download them off [stirke]thepiratebay[/strike] Amazon :D

barto

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 20, 2009
I don't understand the purpose of this article. I'm not trying to be negative, but I thought when clicking the link that the article would be about watching the latest movies for free. This is just an advertisement to me. The whole point to torrenting is it's free and a few clicks away. Of course I can watch these movies legally. I can dish out the cash to buy the movie. I don't want to buy it. That's the concept.

Sorry, just feel like this one was missed.

hajila

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
barto is on point. It seems there is some veiled attempt to jab at torrenters. Very passive aggressive article imho.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Sorry but the reason to pirate movies is that $20 for something like the Lone Ranger or the internship just isn't worth it. I payed for Pacific Rim because I thought it was a good movie. If Hollywood really wanted us to watch these movies they would price them at a point we're willing to pay to watch not a price they want to get out of a movie. Besides Add these movies to streaming services now and they would get more money out of them.

I don't pirate to be cheap, I pirate because it's the only way to reasonably access some of these movies. Put them on Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu (all of which I pay for) and I won't torrent the movie because they just work better.

Obi-Wan

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
joytech22 is lucky to be able to get legal DVD or BlueRay discs for A$15.
In Malaysia:
new DVD movie: A$15-20
new BlueRay movie: A$25-50
(& that's if you can find the title you want)

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I love hearing peoples excuses for stealing. Everyone thinks it's so justified because it's someone else's fault (studios). We live in a world where it's easy to point a finger and blame others for our bad behavior. Since most people do the pirate thing, they stick together and mock those who pay. If pirating music and movies is your thing, so be it, but don't try to make others feel stupid for paying for it. Down-vote this, I don't give a sh*t, karma is a hell of a drug.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I love hearing peoples excuses for stealing. Everyone thinks it's so justified because it's someone else's fault (studios). We live in a world where it's easy to point a finger and blame others for our bad behavior. Since most people do the pirate thing, they stick together and mock those who pay. If pirating music and movies is your thing, so be it, but don't try to make others feel stupid for paying for it. Down-vote this, I don't give a sh*t, karma is a hell of a drug.

I love people who are parrots. I think you missed the point of the comments, most of us willingly pay for good movies, on the other hand we don't pay for crap. As I recall people who pirated movies tended to be those that spent the most money on them. If Hollywood embraced technology instead of tried to destroy it maybe they would reap the benefits. Remember these are people that sued to stop Tapes, VCR's, Rewriteable CDs, Tivo, and forced Netflix to buy Movies at Walmart because it would cause the downfall of the industry.

Instead of spending money to stop people from streaming movies they'll download anyway charge them (reasonably) for it!

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
@ddpruitt, exactly my point, you list a bunch of reasons you feel it's okay to steal and act bad. If you really wanted to get back at the industry, you'd stop buying movies or watching them in the theater, that's it. You wouldn't then go download them illegally to watch, that's just a bonus for you, that says nothing to the industry or world except that you're a theif. If you don't agree with a product, don't buy it. That doesn't mean you have the right to steal it. Stealing wont help the situation, it only makes it worse for the honest people. Sure, movies could be cheaper. Sure, studios make a raping in cash from a lot of these films. Candy went way up in price over the years, does that mean you'll go steal it? Maybe gas for your car? A thief is a thief. As for your other point of "As I recall people who pirated movies tended to be those that spent the most money on them."... A thief can shop at a store which pays salaries of working people. A drug king pin can support his community, a murderer can save a life. Just because you do good, doesn't mean you are allowed to do wrong. Grow up and be a man. Take responsibility.

computertech82

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
This article missed the point. Most movies are pirated because ppl are NOT going to pay to see them!!!!! (or at the very least watch for free and see if they like it or not, aka worth buying it).

jakjawagon

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
Not wanting to wade into the piracy debate in the comments, but if there was a way to get DRM-free digital copies of films legally, then I'd be perfectly willing to pay for that.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
I not only pirate these movies from day 1 of release but burn them to dvd or blu ray or add them to a flash drive that for people free that I know. Long before they come to Netflix or stores. Happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.