water damage lenovo Ideapad

dimi2017

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Hi guys,

I had some water damage on my lenove ideapad z50-z70. I toot it to a repair shop and they did water treatment. They called me that everything now works fine and that the laptop turned on normally. When I went to pick it up they could not turn it on again. They investigate it further and now they say that there is nothing that they can do and that most likely it is a mother board damage.
If it was a mother board damage would the laptop even turn on the first time after the water treatment?
Does anyone know if the ideapad z50-z70 has the power button connected to the the keyboard? Maybe I have any hope if I change the keyboard?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Solution
Yes - it's certainly possible that it would turn on once after treatment. Then, fail after that. It depends on how much damage there was right after liquid was spilled on it. The repair shop's assessment is probably correct. The motherboard is fried. Your choices are to replace the motherboard or replace the laptop.

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
Yes - it's certainly possible that it would turn on once after treatment. Then, fail after that. It depends on how much damage there was right after liquid was spilled on it. The repair shop's assessment is probably correct. The motherboard is fried. Your choices are to replace the motherboard or replace the laptop.

Solution