Question We have cancelled BT connection to be replaced with a different internet provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2019
We have cancelled our BT connection which will cease at the beginning of September to be replaced with a different Internet provider. BT have stated various things that we will lose when they go. One of those things is that we will lose all our photos as a result of the loss of their wifi. We have an iMac computer and an Apple iPad. We haven't knowingly been storing photos in BTs cloud are we correct in assuming that Apple will automatically store any photos into iCloud safely or would it be prudent to download them onto a memory stick. Can anyone help with an answer.

How you connect to the internet does not matter one bit if you have your files in iCloud or on the computers. The files are not stored automatically, only if you enable that option. You should have backups to an external drive anyway. USB memory sticks are too unreliable for backups.

Aug 8, 2019
How you connect to the internet does not matter one bit if you have your files in iCloud or on the computers. The files are not stored automatically, only if you enable that option. You should have backups to an external drive anyway. USB memory sticks are too unreliable for backups.

Thank you very much for your reply it has put my mind to rest especially as I can't work out how to transfer my photos to a flash drive anyway as you've probably worked out I don't know much about computers so your advice has been gratefully received.

Status
Not open for further replies.