Weak PSU issues

spitfire23

Estimable
Jul 3, 2014
Hows it going guys,

I'm having a few issues with gaming from which I Presume is my PSU being weak.

Now the issues are,my games completely freeze and I can't exit or do anything,other than restarting my pc,and this occurs mostly when I increase the graphical settings in games,

For example, in Battlefield 4 when I turn my settings to full Ultra the game literally frezeed and the computer became unresponsive and I'm forced to restart the pc from the power button,now the FPS isn't the issue here I can score solid 40-50 fps on high settings when playing battlefield 4. My pc pretty much meets the minimal and recommended system requirements to play the game,but my low end PSU might be the cause of these screenfreezes and making my pc unresponsive.

I want to add that these freezes don't occur when I'm playing low end games like WoW.

Rig:

Intel i5 2400 3.1Ghz @ 3.4GHz Turbo
HD Radeon 6870 1GB
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
420w Spire - shut psu I'm I right?

Now I at the moment can't afford a new PSU because I'm kinda broke xD but I do wanna know how can I prevent my PSU from overheating and also how to prevent it from damaging other pc parts if something bad happens to it.I regularly clean my pc from dust and I'm forced to play games on low settings because I fear I might set my pc on fire :( However is there some kind of advice any expert out here can give me ?

Thx :D

Solution
Beg and borrow to get a new psu. It would suck to loose more parts if it failed and took parts with it. Many times a bad or overloaded power supply can cause freezing(a better one should just shut off when overloaded).

nukemaster

Distinguished
Beg and borrow to get a new psu. It would suck to loose more parts if it failed and took parts with it. Many times a bad or overloaded power supply can cause freezing(a better one should just shut off when overloaded).

Solution