Webcam spy

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurab_35

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
hi
i want to know is it possible that my x husband install a software (without my knowledge) on my laptop which can acces to my webcam and capture video through my webcam and send the video to his email or laptop ?i mean watching me through webcam in realtime?

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Yes,

It is possible, I don;t have knowledge to help you further.

I you do really feel that he might have had, DISABLE your webcam in DEVICE MANAGER.

Go to Device manager > Imaging Devices and double left click > Right click on the device (it will say something along the lines USB HD webcam) and left click disabled, then click on yes.

Then just wait for replies from other members!

Dan.

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
^+1

its also possible he could have installed keylogging software

to capture everything you type

take screen shots etc

even software to allow remote access to your laptop

really you should do a clean install of windows if you think he is capable of doing any thing like that

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Both is good advice. I would go with mcnumpty23 advice out of the two it is the safer way about it. But go with 2danny9's for now or just put a piece of tape over the camera till you can redo the OS.

professionalpole

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

this is a great tip, thanks

lxgoldsmith

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
yes, it's possible, but first make sure it isn't a virus or malware. if you have a security program, run a scan. if not, you can download microsoft security essentials for free

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008

Yup could do that for now just to see if it catches anything. But to be honest with the severity of what she is worried about I would do nothing less than reinstaling the OS to make sure 100% that there is nothing using the mic/webcam or keyloggers on the computer. And this is just due to the nature of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.