Weird distorted headphones sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2018
Hello , my headphones started sound very od but I don't know the reason , I've tried restarting , restoring , uninstalling audio driver , nothing. The speakers sound alright but the headphones don't. I've plugged them into the phone and they work and I've tried another set of headphones into my pc and sound Distorted as well.

I would really appreciate someone to find a solution ( sorry for the grammar mistakes I don't really know English) Someone help please , I've got this problem and I can't do nothing about it alone .

Solution
did you try to reinstall the sound chipset driver for your board not the os one and if this not working try to borrow a old video card for sound test pluging in the headphones .

bitplane

Estimable
Aug 30, 2017

=============================
I have same problem. Amplified speakers work okay. Wireless (BT) earbuds work ok. Sound from wired earbuds is of low amplitude and highly distorted. I only noticed this problem after installing v1803. Not sure if that is the cause since I haven't used wired earbuds in a while. Problem is consistent with multiple pairs of wired earbuds and multiple amplified spkrs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek driver (Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.7614). ANy suggestions?

bitplane

Estimable
Aug 30, 2017

Thanks for the tips, however Device Manager (win 10 v1803) is clean including Realtek High Definition Audio Deviice. Raising and lowering volume slider in Sound Mixer does not fix the problem. The weird thing is that when watching Youtube videos, the narration is all distorted, but the background music sounds fine.

May 13, 2018
the fix was pretty simple.
i had the exact same problem
just go to your 'Realtek HD audio manager'
click microphone , you shoudl see 'noise cancelation' being on. disable it or just click 'all off'

hope it helps :)

Reactions: aateefuddin

bitplane

Estimable
Aug 30, 2017

Nope, I'm not using a mike, so no ANC settings to worry about. Interestingly enough audio sounds okay using earphones out of front jack; however audio is now binaural instead of stereo (audio test delivers left spkr test to both earpiecres, and then right speaker test to both earpieces. Stereo test works normally when I disconnect earphonesand test my speakers connected to the green back jack.

Thanks for pitching in.

Status
Not open for further replies.