Weird problem for unlock 6950 2gb

T_L_O_T_D

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
hey guys
i wanted to unlock my xfx 6950 2 gb and it's reference model. first i used xfx 6950 2gb modded bios to unlock shadders . and i successfully unlocked additional shadder. but problem is i tried to use 6970 xfx 2 gb. when i flashed my bios. my memory clock change to 1375.but core clock is still stock (800) . i checked in gpu-z texture fill rate is 76.8. i increased core clock to 880 but after i lunch a game at the beginning it will stop. but with 1375 memory clock and 800 core clock game is stable. i tried using second method i mean using Msi after burner version 2.1. first of all i flashed with modded bios and tried to increase voltage but in Msi after burner this option is disabled. so i tried to increase voltage via modifying bios in RBE.i've set voltage to 1.1. i flashed card with modified bios but after restarting windows won't boot. and i should place bios position to second position to boot windows again. any idea what should i do?
p.s: my psu is 585 watt.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
There is no cookbook answer to give you. I have done exactly what you are doing on other cards and it is all trail and error and test and test.

Generally you are on the right track - increasing the GPU core clock generally takes some extra voltage. Personally if it is stable at 800/1375 with the extra shaders I would tell you to take it....

You may have done something wrong, the card may not let you modify certain items, the bios may be locked...to name a few things that could be wrong..

T_L_O_T_D

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
well how about increasing voltage? i mean increasing voltage to 1.175 is safe? and low voltage prevent booting system or high voltage prevent?