Weird Problem I Am Having With Laptop And USB Ports, Trackpad

g-unit1111

Distinguished
I know the pretty obvious solution to this will be "reinstall your drivers" but I think there is something else happening here. So my laptop is a Lenovo Y500P and these are the specs:

- Intel Core i7-3630M
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750M
- 1TB HD
- 16GB mSSD
- Optical drive
- Windows 8.1

So the other day I had my mouse (Ttesports Level 10) plugged into the right most USB 2.0 port. And then all of a sudden the mouse stops working and the laptop makes a sound like it's been unplugged from the port but it wasn't. And when I turned my laptop off after a system update to try and reactivate the ports, the ports worked fine. But when I got past my login screen, the cursor completely disappeared on me. And it would not reappear until I hit control-alt-delete. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it a driver issue or a Windows issue? Should I try running a system restore before I contact Lenovo?

g-unit1111

Distinguished

I use Malwarebytes and two different anti virus programs (Bitdefender and AVG Free), I can't imagine that's the issue. The touch pad works fine. I think it's a Windows 8 issue more than a hardware issue. I'm going to try running a system restore and see what happens. Probably a bad update I'm guessing.