Weird Static noise freezing up laptop while gaming.

tarrect

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
So lately my laptop been making weird static noises. While these static is happening, my laptop seems to lose fps and drop extremely low. Just not in the game but the laptop itself. I can be listening to music and playing game at the same time and both the browser and game would be lagging. It happens for about 30 seconds about depending on what game i play. I have a HP laptop. Probably not the best running gaming setup, but playing games that dont have high graphics seems to be fine. Only game I can play is League Of Legends without the buzzing static noises and freezes fps. As soon as i jump onto any other high graphic games it starts to freeze and static alot.

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- If you had your laptop for a while now, I would start by cleaning the inside of it and make sure there's no dust of the fans and apply new thermal paste on both GPU and CPU.
- Next is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Uninstall the graphics driver from Device Manager and do check Programs and Features as well then uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site. (NVIDIA or AMD)
- After the reboot make sure to set your GPU as the default card.
- Do observe your laptop again after all these steps performed.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- If you had your laptop for a while now, I would start by cleaning the inside of it and make sure there's no dust of the fans and apply new thermal paste on both GPU and CPU.
- Next is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Uninstall the graphics driver from Device Manager and do check Programs and Features as well then uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site. (NVIDIA or AMD)
- After the reboot make sure to set your GPU as the default card.
- Do observe your laptop again after all these steps performed.

Solution

tarrect

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014

^^ Ur Answer worked. I tried playing a higher graphic games and it was fine. Trying more games to see,