Weird Sys Rest problem

May 2, 2020
Recently I tried to do a System Restore on my Dell Windows 10 OS desktop computer back to an automatically created restore point. I got a "did not complete" message WITH NO ERROR CODE. Here is the entire message:

"System Restore did not complete successfully. You computer's system files and settings were not changed. You can try System Restore again and choose a different restore point [there were none]. If you continue to receive this error you can try an advanced recovery method."

Seems all Systm. Rest. failures, that I could find on the internet, come with error codes. I do not know if these codes create idiosyncratic solutions to the problem so I did not try any of those fixes.

Tried System Restore a few days later, and it failed, and this was the reply:

System Restore did not complete successfully. You computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details:

System Restore failed to extract the file (C:\Users\Shawn\Documents\Desktop\SaelShawn\FileHistory\Robert\ROBERT-PC\Data\C\Users\Robert\Downloads\Downloads-(2019_06_02_ 18_51_41 UTC.exe)
from the restore point.

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070005)

WOW...................

May someone help

I'd rather not get into why I want to do a system restore. It's complicated. Someone told me to get Acronis. I will. But I still want system restore to work. Thanks again.

Bob

May 2, 2020
(This is a much simplified re-post of a previous thread)

Details:

"System Restore failed to extract the file

(C:\Users\Shawn\Documents\Desktop\SaelShawn\FileHistory\Robert\ROBERT-PC\Data\C\Users\Robert\Downloads\Downloads-(2019_06_02_ 18_51_41 UTC.exe)

from the restore point.

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070005)"

I took the recommended steps to repair 0x80070005. What about the file? Has it been orphaned? I have no idea what to do.

Hope I do not need to say why I did system restore in the first place. That lead to a lot of fruitless back and forth that went nowhere in a different forum at another website.

Thanks Folks!