Announcement Welcome to the Tom's Guide Community!

jsimenhoff

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).

Last edited:

Raj_21

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Hello and thanks for the invite. I am really pumped up to join Tom's Guide. I will stick around and see if I can cook up some answers. Have a great day ahead.

Reactions: TiredChrisNewbie

miztrniceguy

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
I'm new here. I got invited by Catherine Strachan. I love computers, built my own desktop and often troubleshoot and upgrade friends. I've never charged anyone, even for resurrecting "dead" laptops.

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
Greetings everyone. Don't get over here to the Guide too often but if you've spent any time over at Tom's Hardware you've no doubt seen me periodically. And before anyone asks, YES, I used to ride what you see in my avatar, I was a Submarine Sonar Tech (STS) at the height of the Cold War, got lots of stories that I simply can't tell to you ;)

I patrol the shadowy depths and wield the mighty Banpedo(tm)!

Oh, by the way, that bowl of brown liquid on the snack table at the back of the room isn't what you think it is, but I'll let Mousemonkey explain :D

moophus

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Hiya! After landing here many times from google, I've finally made myself an account so i can contribute....receiving an invite from Catherine about Laptop Mag helped :)

My first computer was an 8086 with a CGA monitor.....

Graybush

Estimable
Hey guys, don't forget! If you got a personal invite it also means you have access to the Herald Forums. Think of it as your own personal space to socialize, debate, and discuss matters outside of the more public portions of the thread.

Have fun!

guidewell

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

Hello Tom's Guide, this is user guidewell and I have just signed up after receiving my e-mail invitation. I'm known by Microsoft and Intel as an Accessibility Evangelist because I have multiple disabilities including low vision and I'm always campaigning to make technology, and computers/smartphones/tablets in particular, easier for disabled people to use. I hope that I can be a useful resource for you as well as a constant 'quizzer' of questions on accessibility, ergonomics (in which I have a degree) and cybernetics!