Wha? NASA Releases Its Own iPhone Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Future outpost in the moon? I would want you to clarify if it's russian or chineese. Because it will NOT be built by NASA at this pace!

G

Don't forget, part of NASA's responsibility is to educate, not just to get to space/moon/planets/etc.. faster. I was at the Goddard Space Flight Center for an internship over the summer, and while a lot of what they do focuses on getting to space/building better equipment, they also devote a lot of time to educating (weekly -at least- talks from important people in the field, educational fairs for younger kids, internships for students, etc...).

G

It *is* you. Quit yer silly whinin' and say somethin' productive already.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
I consider this NASA trying to hold onto their past victories by reminding us of what they HAVE done. Can't blame them either, even I dislike what the US Gov has done to NASA in the past few years... (Bush and Obama, Republicans and Democrats alike)

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]micr0be[/nom]maybe its a funding project...[/citation]
There's no way it would make enough money to support anything.

It's a project with hopes to spur interest in the space program. They've been downsized quite a lot over the past few years, and they need more publicity to receive the funding they need.

Without public interest, there will never be a manned mission to mars.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Without public interest, there will never be a manned mission to mars.[/citation]
Never is a long time...
NASA is not the only space organization on Earth...Perhaps one day another organizations or the private sector may achieve these goals.

Don't count out Virgin haha...
http://www.virgingalactic.com/

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
Anyone remember a poll conducted on grades 2 to 12, where 75% believed they would make $100k after graduating High School? Likely from belief they will be atheletes, musicians, rock-stars and rappers. We largely have Apple to thank for that (iphone/ipod), so for NASA to attempt to reach to our "future" via iPods makes the most sense. Children surely won't learn any other way, especially about Space Exploration, at home or in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.