what about buying this refurbished lap

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
These refurbs come from ones that were pretty screwed up when they were returned to stores, if they are really not worth fixing, lenovo sells them off to private buyers in bulk. Meaning, this laptop probably had something internal that cost more to fix than to just build a new one. So they sold it for pennies on the dollar to these other companies, who then semi fix it. you can get a brand new y500 from newegg for 899, always remember, you get what you pay for.

Except it's a manufacturer refurbish (or claims to be) which should include a 1year Lenovo warranty.

When considering any used/refurbished computer, the first thing I look for is a warranty and return policy. Refurbs can be purchased through legitimate retailers and that is where I would look for that kind of thing. I've bought a few refurbished units in the past with varying success but they've had a replacement/warranty plan that took some of the risk out of the purchase.

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
you have to forgive my frugal way of dealing with links that include the word Ebay in them, i stay away at all costs. However, after actually looking at the seller, he does appear to be .. rather reputable. So you are indeed correct. My apologies. However, to the OP, for future reference, it's usually a better idea to buy new anyways, this is an expensive investment in things you need to function, i know i can't work without mine, so you should have the best money can buy ( IMO of course ). With that all said, it's a moot point, the auction ended, and the laptop sold! sorry