What anti-virus would you recommend for 2015?

Legolas8181

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Have had Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 this year and that runs out 02/10/15 so I was thinking Advanced SystemCare 8 and AVG Internet Security for one PC for £40 but is there a better option?

Legolas8181

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

I know you can get anti virus for free but I was once told by a College teacher that knows his shit that paid AV is worth every penny

Ck1_13

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
The only real difference between free ones and ones you buy, is that if you have an infection, you will be able to call their support line for assistance. All antivirii do the same thing, and there is no 100% protection, best advice (believe me i've tried over 20 of them) is to check google for reviews on which 'catches more'. One more thing, stay away from 'security centres', they are not needed and will more than likely end up causing you some sort of internet issue, unless you really 'need' that extra protection.

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
I guess it depends on your habits for the antivirus you need.

I tried running MSE on my father's machine, but it made the system slow to a crawl. I have also tried AVG, Avast, and Avira and he'd still get hit with a virus about once a month. Since I put Kaspersky on there (2 years ago) for him, he's been safe.

On my own machine, I used to run Bit Defender, but am currently running Panda Cloud after the license ran out. I've never had a virus with either of those. Of course my browsing habits are a lot safer than my father's.

From the experience I've had dealing with my father's computer, there is indeed a difference between free and paid.