What are all of these MSI apps for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac Jack

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
It's been about 3 months since I built my 1700x Ryzen rig with an MSI Gaming Pro Carbon mobo. The motherboard came with a ton of apps and I have no idea what any of them do and there's no explanation in any of the apps or documentation. Can anyone explain what these apps do and if they may help performance in any way? First off my rig specs:

CPU: Ryzen 1700x OC'd to 3.9Ghz
Mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooler: Corsair H60
RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 3000Mhz
PSU: EVGA G3 650w
GPU: Zotac AMP Edition GTX1080 manually OC'd with +150 on the core and +750 on the memory

The apps in question are:

Gaming APP
Gaming LAN Manager
Super Charger
Smart Tool
X Boost

Any help in explaining what these do and if they could help my rig(which is plenty fast as is) would be appreciated.

Solution
1) Gaming APP: Customize and set up your own color scheme for your MB/GPU RGB light, ocing cpu/GPU, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebxr3pJTVgc
2) According to MSI, gaming LAN manager: Automatically prioritizes games above other applications, allows you to change applications' traffic priority, allows you to customize bandwidth for each application.
3) Super Charger: charge the phone/tablet via the USB
4) Smart Tool: If you will use the win7, you need the software to create your Windows installation USB flash drive with USB 3.0 drivers, otherwise all USB ports will not work at all. You have to use the PS2 ports for the mouse/keyboard, but the MB only has one.
5) According to MSI, X Boost: allows you to select the system...

cin19

Distinguished
1) Gaming APP: Customize and set up your own color scheme for your MB/GPU RGB light, ocing cpu/GPU, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebxr3pJTVgc
2) According to MSI, gaming LAN manager: Automatically prioritizes games above other applications, allows you to change applications' traffic priority, allows you to customize bandwidth for each application.
3) Super Charger: charge the phone/tablet via the USB
4) Smart Tool: If you will use the win7, you need the software to create your Windows installation USB flash drive with USB 3.0 drivers, otherwise all USB ports will not work at all. You have to use the PS2 ports for the mouse/keyboard, but the MB only has one.
5) According to MSI, X Boost: allows you to select the system performance mode to meet your current system environment or support faster storage access speed for your external storage or memory cards.

More details you can read the manual.

Solution

Insomniac Jack

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016

Thanks for the help. I've been looking for details like that for a month but MSI's website is a jumbled mess uses business speak to tell me how great the product is without explaining how it helps. I may go ahead and install the LAN manager as I can use that to limit my youtube upload speed so I can play online and or watch videos while uploading without slowing to a crawl. I have used the gaming app to customize my LED lighting but that's about it. The rest looks like it would benefit a slower system more than it would benefit what I have at the moment.

benjiprime

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
Most of the MSI apps are bloatware and can be deleted they will greatly increase the speed of your computer Ive done this to all 3 of my MSI computers and have went from a 40 sec boot time to 17 sec boot time and the rest of the computer is faster

Status
Not open for further replies.