What are some programs that can clean up my computer?

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Recently I have noticed that my computer has been running slower than normal, and that even applies to my internet connection which really annoys me. Are there any programs that can help me to clean up my computer and make it run faster? Thanks!

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
CCleaner is one of my most favorite software.
It will clean up many browser files from IE and Firefox like history, temp internet files, cookies, and many others with one button to click. It is totally configurable
It also has a registry cleaner to clear out junk.It also securely deletes (wipe) the recycle bin files for a maximum up 35 passes. Dept of Defense is 3 passes. Each pass overwrites the file into obliteration.You find that in Options> Settings.
It has a easy uninstallertool for unwanted software as well, much easier that windows

For more info- http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/introducing-ccleaner/what-it-can-and-cant-do

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
That was no help at all... You did nothing towards answering my question.

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014

I m really sorry
I guess I got it wrong

See if this helps

Step by Step picture tutorial to use CCleaner http://m.wikihow.com/Use-CCleaner
Below the site are tips and warningsi don't ignore them

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
How to Actually Clean Your PC

Let’s say you want to clean your PC just like a PC cleaner would. Here’s what you can do:
*.Run the Disk Cleanup tool included with Windows. It’s focused on freeing up space on your hard drive, but it will also delete old temporary files and other useless things. Just tap the Windows key, type Disk Cleanup, and press Enter to launch it. You can evenschedule a Disk Cleanupto clean your computer automatically.
*.Clear your browser historyor — even better —set your browser to automatically clear its history when you close itif you don’t want to store a history.
*.Run the Disk Defragmenter included with Windows. This isn’t necessary if you use asolid-state drive.
*.Don’t bother with a registry cleaner. If you must,use the free CCleaner, which has thebest-tested registry cleanerout there. It will also delete temporary files for other programs — CCleaner alone does much more than these PC cleaning apps do.

A test performed in 2011 by WindowsSecretsfound that the Disk Cleanup tool included with Windows was just asgood as paid PC cleaning apps. Note that this is true even though PC cleaning apps fix “registry errors” while the Disk Cleanup app doesn’t, which shows just how unnecessary registry cleaners are.
So yes, it’s been tested — PC cleaning apps are worthless.

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
The best tools for speeding up your computer are things that a PC cleanup app won’t do for you:
*.Uninstall software you no longer use, especially programs that run at startupand browser plug-ins.
*.Disable unnecessary startup appsto improve Windows’ boottime.

If you regularly see errors on your computer:
*.Run an antimalware program like Microsoft Security Essentials toscan your computer for malwareproducing error messages.
*.Google error messages you see regularly to find fixes for them.