What do i need to power my car amp at home?

Solution
You may actually need a 12V battery to provide the instantaneous amperage that the amplifier requires. That is how the recommended installation is for a car. My GUESS is you need about a 30A 12VDC power supply to recharge the battery. You also need some sort of charging controller to prevent overcharging the battery. You are using the battery as a capacitor to allow HUGE surges of amperage. What amperage fuse does the amplifier come with? I looked up the users manual and it has ZERO useful information about power input requirements.

kanewolf

Judicious
You may actually need a 12V battery to provide the instantaneous amperage that the amplifier requires. That is how the recommended installation is for a car. My GUESS is you need about a 30A 12VDC power supply to recharge the battery. You also need some sort of charging controller to prevent overcharging the battery. You are using the battery as a capacitor to allow HUGE surges of amperage. What amperage fuse does the amplifier come with? I looked up the users manual and it has ZERO useful information about power input requirements.

Solution