What does excavator.exe do other than mining?

i-am-L

Estimable
Mar 5, 2014
I am using NiceHash Miner for mining btc.
The AV Cyclance Protect detects excavator as a trojan.
On the NiceHash website they clearly mentioned it not being any kind of a virus/malware.
Even on the github page of excavator they mention the same.

So, I would like to know whether excavator does anything else except mining?
If yes, what else does it do?

P.S: I think system being slow is kinda normal because that happens only when 'Lyra2rev' and 'blake2s' algorithms are used for mining.

Solution
As far as I know, the miner should be fine. Almost every antivirus/antimalware program detects it as malware, because they are unable to tell if you wanted to download it, or if it was dropped by something else to secretly mine cryptocurrency in the background and send the earnings to someone else. While you are mining cryptocurrency your PC will be slow because it is dedicating a very large amount of your graphics card resources towards the mining program.

takochako

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
As far as I know, the miner should be fine. Almost every antivirus/antimalware program detects it as malware, because they are unable to tell if you wanted to download it, or if it was dropped by something else to secretly mine cryptocurrency in the background and send the earnings to someone else. While you are mining cryptocurrency your PC will be slow because it is dedicating a very large amount of your graphics card resources towards the mining program.

Solution