What Everyone Thinks They Know About iPhone 5 So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]austinwillis81[/nom]NO ONE CARES[/citation]

Some people do. If you don't care, then why even bother clicking on this article?

gmp23

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
[citation][nom]austinwillis81[/nom]NO ONE CARES[/citation]

+1

I definitely don't care and I'm sick of the stupid iphone hogging all the news these days. Just come out already, holy crap!!! There's been like 2 stories to unfold every day for the past several weeks on the iphone. This is the only piece of tech than I can think of that gets this kind of overly-obsessive coverage, day in and day out. Announce it, do a follow-up story to peak interest, and then release the feakin' thing for crying out loud.

Riv4L

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Could Marcus and Jane please drop the Apple brown-nosing and free marketing with "rumor" stories, you are lowing the scope of Tom's Hardware and clogging the feed with non-news.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]Riv4L[/nom]Could Marcus and Jane please drop the Apple brown-nosing and free marketing with "rumor" stories, you are lowing the scope of Tom's Hardware and clogging the feed with non-news.[/citation]

+1. As Jane mentioned once in the comments, this site is for PC enthusiasts. We don't care about Apple. Whoever does, can go read Apple Insider or some other BS. We want moar PC news.

What Everyone Thinks They Know About iPhone 5 So Far

Hmm, let's see... SGS 2 >>> iPhone 5 and SGS II price = iPhone 4 price. That's what I know so far and it's enough for me to be convinced that iPhone 5 is nothing new. Of course, Apple iZombies will disagree.

Perhaps that's part of Apple's hype machine, and maybe the company itself does some "controlled leaks" of its own.

NO REALLY? Forgetting the newest prototype in a bar - whoever says it's not a controlled leak needs help... it's too obvious.

Whatever the case, it's been fun trying to put together the bits of information, false or not, over the last few months.

That's your idea of fun, wasting time trying to find the information about the inferior unreleased phone and then posting it on a PC enthusiasts' website where nearly everyone hates Apple? Great.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Even though it's not a big deal, I still would like to see which rumors were BS and which were true on a list tomorrow. Just for the fun of it.

Disclaimer: I own a Nexus S (free with 2yr re-contract couple months ago) and I'm very happy with Android and the outdated hardware.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]+1. As Jane mentioned once in the comments, this site is for PC enthusiasts. We don't care about Apple. Whoever does, can go read Apple Insider or some other BS. We want moar PC news..[/citation]

Apple manufacturers PC's. Every iPhone is a PC. As is every Mac. As is every iPad.

Besides, this site is more of a technology site than just computer related.

Either way, Apple is included, so stop crying. If you don't like the story, don't click on it.

You then go on to say ' SGS 2 >>> iPhone 5' and claim that you 'KNOW' it. Come on, you're just plain ridiculous. A phone which hasn't even been released yet. All we DO know is that REGARDLESS of how good the iPhone5 is, you'll hate it. And that's pathetic.

You then say 'where nearly everyone hates Apple' lol.... what you meant to say is that only the angry, bitter, irrational, illogical anti-Apple freaks cry on the comments all the time. That doesn't mean you're the majority. Just a disturbed minority.

6joshh6

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Apple manufacturers PC's. Every iPhone is a PC. As is every Mac. As is every iPad. Besides, this site is more of a technology site than just computer related.Either way, Apple is included, so stop crying. If you don't like the story, don't click on it.You then go on to say ' SGS 2 >>> iPhone 5' and claim that you 'KNOW' it. Come on, you're just plain ridiculous. A phone which hasn't even been released yet. All we DO know is that REGARDLESS of how good the iPhone5 is, you'll hate it. And that's pathetic.You then say 'where nearly everyone hates Apple' lol.... what you meant to say is that only the angry, bitter, irrational, illogical anti-Apple freaks cry on the comments all the time. That doesn't mean you're the majority. Just a disturbed minority.[/citation]

I think you will find that when apple dominates the news on a website supposedly dedicated to the greatest and latest hardware/software, it gets a little irritating, even more so when it is iPhone speculation which is usually just that. I am not some twisted apple hater but when it is always apple, and usually baseless articles rather than some decent pc hardware/software news, people are bound to complain. Its like the time when tom's turned into a tablet pc site. They need to balance their news a little more. A personal tip to finish, please don't start with the whole apple haters/freaks/other generic insult. It makes you seem like all the other irrational apple fanboys out there that feel the need to call silly names.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Apple manufacturers PC's. Every iPhone is a PC. As is every Mac. As is every iPad. Besides, this site is more of a technology site than just computer related.Either way, Apple is included, so stop crying. If you don't like the story, don't click on it.You then go on to say ' SGS 2 >>> iPhone 5' and claim that you 'KNOW' it. Come on, you're just plain ridiculous. A phone which hasn't even been released yet. All we DO know is that REGARDLESS of how good the iPhone5 is, you'll hate it. And that's pathetic.You then say 'where nearly everyone hates Apple' lol.... what you meant to say is that only the angry, bitter, irrational, illogical anti-Apple freaks cry on the comments all the time. That doesn't mean you're the majority. Just a disturbed minority.[/citation]

Apple says Macs aren't PCs :)

I say that SGS2 is better than iPhone 5, based on the SAME stuff as the author of that article. Rumors! iPhone 5 will have a 1 GHz dual-core, no HDMI and 8mp camera that every phone has nowadays.

Yeah, I'll hate iPhone 5 no matter what. Because guess what... it will only be out in a year or so - iPhone 4S was just announced :D So by that time, I'll find many, many more reasons to hate it :kaola:

Illogical anti-Apple? Contradicting words detected.

Minority? I don't think so. Not in the tech scene, at least.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Now we know there isn't an iPhone5 anyway. Such foolish people we were, falling prey to Apple's stealth marketing.[/citation]

Speak for yourself. If you cared about iPhone 5, that's your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.