What happened to my laptop?

Aj Paul

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hi ,

I had a old laptop which is almost 7 years old with 2 GB ram and Intel Core 2 duo processor. It use to work fine untill last month but I am not sure what happened then , browsing part is okay but it has very bad performance specially against Flash player .

I thought there must be a virus , so I reinstalled new windows (win 7 which use to work perfectly for the last 3-4 years) but it has no difference . The weird part is , it works fine unless I watch vidoes (most of the time on youtube) and when I play those on lets say YouTube , it is very very choppy and is not fluid .

Just to mention , there is nothing in start up and I have plenty of free memory .

Did any one encountered this kind of issue before . If yes then please help ..

Thanks
AJ

Maxx_Power

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Check the cooling subsystem. It could be that your fan/heatsink is compromised (fan seized, partially seized, or heatsink clogged internally with a film of dust).

Try HWMonitor or similar to check your laptop's temperatures (CPU mostly) during a flash play back, and see if your temperatures are getting too high to cause some form of throttling to take place.

Maxx_Power

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Check the cooling subsystem. It could be that your fan/heatsink is compromised (fan seized, partially seized, or heatsink clogged internally with a film of dust).

Try HWMonitor or similar to check your laptop's temperatures (CPU mostly) during a flash play back, and see if your temperatures are getting too high to cause some form of throttling to take place.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 10
superpeas Laptop Tech Support 2
Pasiya98 Laptop Tech Support 3
Naufal Firmansyah Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2