What happens when you hold down the power button for 60 seconds?

Feb 25, 2018
The keyboard on my HP ProBook laptop suddenly didnt work. All i did to fix it was to shut down the computer, hold down the power button for more than 60 seconds and then started it normally. Then it magically worked somehow. Can someone explain to me what i did by doing that and how it "fixed" the keyboard? Im just curious.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Ten seconds would have done the job just as well. It's a good way to recover a system that's become confused as to whether it was on or off.

Sometimes pulling out the mains lead and removing the battery then holding the power button for a few seconds to drain what we call flea power. Then a restart makes it work properly.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Ten seconds would have done the job just as well. It's a good way to recover a system that's become confused as to whether it was on or off.

Sometimes pulling out the mains lead and removing the battery then holding the power button for a few seconds to drain what we call flea power. Then a restart makes it work properly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 6
B Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 7
O Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Solved! Hi I m using Lenovo b460e it doesn't power on ...but when charging power button on and of some few seconds ... give solution
My Hp envy 17 won't power up. The power button blinks every 5 seconds but nothing happens. I've held the button down, removed
my laptop is Compaq hp 420. when I pressured power btton ,light on power button on for a second then off and laptop is not on.
Mankar Kameran said: Take your battery out and then hold the power button for 20 seconds. Then pop the battery back on and th
I pressed the power button for 30 seconds and it didnt power on
Power button is on and fan can be heard but laptop does not power up and after a few seconds it restarts itself and the same p
my ASUS GL522V laptop not turning on. it seems to charge fine. but even when i press down the power button for up to 60 second
I'm having trouble booting my laptop as the power button was damaged and after i on the power button after 5 seconds will go
laptop is not switching on for the first time if i push the power button but after force stop and on second push it is.....
I press power button it starts to come for about 3 - 5 seconds then shuts off again.
My Acer E14 wont start. The blue light appears when i pressed the power button but it only last 5-6 seconds.. What shoul I do.
My Acer aspire E431 laptop switch off suddenly even my battery 67%,I try to switch on the power button it opens for few second
My laptop has issues, when ipress power button, the fan goes on like for five seconds and no more fan sound, then the screen
My asus notebook won't turn on even after i tried the methods where you hold your power button for 45 seconds
My acer E5-411-C3K3 went blank but the power light is on.i already remove the battery and press 20 second the power button but
Toshiba Satellite Laptop won't turn on, Power Button LED Light Flashes for a second
Asus r752s turns on and off automatically every seconds without even pressing the start button over and over
My dell is not turning on the power button lights up the player makes sounds the cooling fan comes on for a second if you touc
Laptop power button on for 5 seconds then shuts off
My Satellite E45t-A4100 entered sleep mode and I can't get it to wake up. I've held the power button down for 30 seconds and

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS