What Headphones and Microphone (not headset) under $125

Moethedirt

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
So I've been looking at an audio upgrade as I'm using a headset right and and the audio quality is average. So what headphones and microphones can I get for around $125-$150

So far I'm deciding on the Blue Snowball Ice and the Audio Technica AT M40x. However I head the Sennheiser HD 558s are good as well. What do you guys think? Any other headphones that are in the same price range are fine as well as they have similar audio quality.

Thanks for any help

Solution
I strongly recommend Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma sound USB gaming headset. At Amazon, they sell for $92.40. It also has a retractible microphone, the sound is excellent and is very comfortable to wear. I also use a Phillips (the stretch) is also very comfortable to wear but has no microphone, it also has an awesome sound for only $59.00

mdcmartin

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
I strongly recommend Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma sound USB gaming headset. At Amazon, they sell for $92.40. It also has a retractible microphone, the sound is excellent and is very comfortable to wear. I also use a Phillips (the stretch) is also very comfortable to wear but has no microphone, it also has an awesome sound for only $59.00

Solution

SpeedLynx

Estimable
Aug 19, 2015
I use a Sure SM57 rigged through a Yamaha MG10XU Mixing Board, planning on getting either a second Sure SM57 or a Rode NT1.

As for headphones I use the KRK KNS8400. But they were bought and intended for a different use entirely... I just like using them.

Edit: Yeah, tbh my suggestion is a hell of a lot more expensive than your budget... whoops.

Quite a few years beforehand I used some cheapo Poundland headphones (that actually turned out to be decent) and this microphone.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/desktop-dynamic-microphone-a99jb?cmpid=ppc&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4o3DBRCJsZqh8vWqt_8BEiQA2Fw0ea90ZW78hFy0VXMb9KKfE35mFFjeYjFCCimPMF0PGh0aAq_g8P8HAQ

Sorry for it being UK, but thats where I live though :(