What headphones to buy

Lucky_Luke17

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Hello all. I am interested in buying a pair of good [under $200 (2200 ZAR)] headphones. I do not know much about the various headphones and would like suggestions. I am an avid gamer, and would like it to be wireless, and be able to connect to my mobile device. I also live in South Africa, for reference sake. Please can you help me as soon as possible, any issue-related information would be very appreciated.

Solution
well for the pc you could always use something like the logitech g930 which is wireless however it doesnt work with portable devices.

if your portable device was a cell phone you could get yourself some bluetooth headphones which you could pair with your phone via bluetooth and for your pc you could get a bluetooth adapter (if your motherboard doesnt support it already) to get it to work. this doesnt really work with portable devices like ipods though and it may be hard to find anything half decent for sound quality. note: just found that you can buy 3.5mm to bluetooth adapters to get bluetooth to work with ipods and other non bluetooth devices.

honestly the best headphones are going to be wired. if you can deal with wires then you...
well for the pc you could always use something like the logitech g930 which is wireless however it doesnt work with portable devices.

if your portable device was a cell phone you could get yourself some bluetooth headphones which you could pair with your phone via bluetooth and for your pc you could get a bluetooth adapter (if your motherboard doesnt support it already) to get it to work. this doesnt really work with portable devices like ipods though and it may be hard to find anything half decent for sound quality. note: just found that you can buy 3.5mm to bluetooth adapters to get bluetooth to work with ipods and other non bluetooth devices.

honestly the best headphones are going to be wired. if you can deal with wires then you can have a solution which works with any product you have with a 3.5mm connection.

something like the audiotechnica ath-m50x which has 3 different cables (a short one, long one and a coiled one) doesnt fulfil your needs of wireless but it does include convenient options for cables depending on your need at the time and isnt bad sounding either. it is just a headphone set with no mic though. you would need to get yourself a clip on mic, modmic or desk mic if you wanted one.

perhaps a step up from the m50 there is the beyerdynamic dt770 but again that has no mic.

i cannot really recommend any other gaming "headsets" as i dont use them and can only say what i've seen firsthand from other users or from my own personal collection of headphones and audio equipment.

you may want to note what portable devices you want to connect up to.

Solution