What headset/headphones to get?

SystmOveRide

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
Okay so this end if financial year when I get my taxation back, I'm thinking of going all in and getting a lovely new pair of headphones or a new headset.

Basically my ideas are, getting the Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones or the SteelSeries Siberia Elite headset. I'd end up being able to use both for just my music on regular commutes etc, but at least with the Siberia I can also use it for gaming on my PC, though that leads me to ask if anyone knows any good desk microphones I could get that aren't super expensive since I could just use a headphone/mic set up for my desk if I were to get the M50's.

So, does anyone have any opinions on either or the two mentioned? Or maybe someone hates both and wants to recommend something completely different, I'm mostly keeping budget at or below $500 for now just since I know that some good ones can be pretty expensive and I want to know what my options are.

Definitely don't want Beats though.

Im_Infinity

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
well i currently have a razer kraken 7.1 chroma and a razer seiren i love them both very much but for the money a razer kraken is really good for playing games and listening to music you can add more base and stuff using synapse thats my opinion but also the steel series siberia is a fairly good headset aswell

dwnelson

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X $120 (open, moderate bass)
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 $140 (closed solid bass)
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x $160 (closed bass heavy)
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro $170 (open good bass, very good sound stage)
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus @ $230 (switch allows open/close, good bass, comes with mic)

A newer monitor mic came out from Blue called the Snowflake @ $40
or
Attach an AntLion ModMic @ $50 to your headphones

TRENDING THREADS