What is a good CPU temp for an ROG Asus G750JW

Dardwizzle

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014
Hi guys,

Forgive this very silly question, I have googled and all I seem to find is what temps are to high for this laptops CPU cores, but I have yet to see anyone say what is a good temp. So I just wanted to ask, my cores tend to run about 60C -70C all the time which I am pretty sure is OK, but I only ask because the fans seems to kick on quite a bit and man are they pushing out some really hot air. Perhaps it's doing such a good job that it's pulling all the hot air right out which is great, but the fans seems to kick on more often lately and stay on much longer then I am used too.

The only thing that ma have changed is that this is an older laptop and it's probably got dust and cat hair in the heat sinks and I am too chick (you know what) to try and open the laptop up and try and give it a good cleaning. I don't have a good track record of being able to open up laptops and getting them to close back up correctly lol.

So, like I said, silly question, probably answered but not able to find with my search criteria, so I figured I would ask since the reputation of knowledge here is phenomenal.

Cheers all! :)

Dar.

Solution
35C-45C would be far more normal temps for that laptop to be idling at. You didn't mention whether the 60C-70C temps were under load or just when idling. Either way, as long as they don't go way over those temps, it isn't a big deal. That being said, I'm sure that you are probably correct that it needs to be opened up for a good cleaning. Probably wouldn't hurt to repaste the CPU and GPU right away either. As you mentioned that you aren't particularly good at taking laptops apart and reassembling them correctly, this laptop is one you should probably avoid messing with. Unlike the previous version of this laptop (G75), which had very easy to access fans, ASUS, in its infinite wisdom decided to make them very difficult to get to in the...
35C-45C would be far more normal temps for that laptop to be idling at. You didn't mention whether the 60C-70C temps were under load or just when idling. Either way, as long as they don't go way over those temps, it isn't a big deal. That being said, I'm sure that you are probably correct that it needs to be opened up for a good cleaning. Probably wouldn't hurt to repaste the CPU and GPU right away either. As you mentioned that you aren't particularly good at taking laptops apart and reassembling them correctly, this laptop is one you should probably avoid messing with. Unlike the previous version of this laptop (G75), which had very easy to access fans, ASUS, in its infinite wisdom decided to make them very difficult to get to in the G750. You have to perform (relatively) major disassembly (if you're not into such things) to get to them. I would take it to a reputable repair shop to have it done.

But here's a video showing the teardown. You never know. Once you watch it, you may decide to tackle it yourself. I think you can get to the screws to remove the fans at about the 16 minute mark. Sorry it's in French, but the video doesn't really need commentary anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuToMlzZ-CA

Solution

Dardwizzle

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014

The temps I am getting are constant, both at idle and under normal load, such as surfing the net, etc, I have not evaluated it under high stress like gaming.