What is better? A good quality 2.1 of Rs.2500 or 5.1 of Rs.5500.

Aug 17, 2013
My purpose is to watch movies like gladiator,300,avatar,gravity with good sound quality IN MY COMPUTER NOT IN TV.
only 5.1s of local companies like iball,intex,castor,target,and creative is available in my shops.what should i do?

Solution
A good 2.1 system will work great. 5.1 systems make a lot of clutter but tend not to offer much bang if you're talking about those little sets that come in one box. I have a 2.1 creative set I now use on the TV which has lasted a very long time and still offers good sound, using a 7.1 and receiver setup with my PC. if you are just planning to connect with a 3.5mm jack its not worth hassling with those wannabee 5.1 mini setups. IMHO
It would make sense that at the same price a 2.1 system has the potential to give you better sound since the additional money that would have gone into the center and surround speakers, and amplifiers should have been spent on higher quality fronts and sub in a 2.1 system.
The question is will you miss the surround effects that the movies you mention use a great deal. The center speaker also has the advantage of separating out the dialogue which makes it easier to follow when there is a lot of sound going on at the same time.
A perfect solution would be a 2.1 system that you could add to later.

40s

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
A good 2.1 system will work great. 5.1 systems make a lot of clutter but tend not to offer much bang if you're talking about those little sets that come in one box. I have a 2.1 creative set I now use on the TV which has lasted a very long time and still offers good sound, using a 7.1 and receiver setup with my PC. if you are just planning to connect with a 3.5mm jack its not worth hassling with those wannabee 5.1 mini setups. IMHO

Solution