What Is FreedomPop, and Is It Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzr600s

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
It seems like a great deal, but beware! Phone service gets repeatedly disconnected (my experience in NYC) and you get charged for services even if you cancel the plan. The CEO Stephen Stokols even responded to me that they are aware of the many complaints and they want to change towards more transparency, but I have been billed again for a service that I had cancelled before. This is the worst service I have experienced in my 40+ years.

fubarfizz

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
FreedomPop has HORRIBLE customer service and they will not refund you anything, even for accidental double orders. I accidentally ordered a phone twice because their website wans't refreshing. They wouldn't cancel the order and said I needed to refuse the 2nd phone when it ships, then I would get a refund. Well, while I did have 2 tracking numbers, only 1 phone showed up. I never refused the 2nd phone because it didn't come at all! So I disputed the 2nd charge with my bank and they reversed it. In response, FreedomPop canceled my account and banned me from ever opening one with them again. So I am being punished for their lack of communication and lack of proper customer service (I work in customer service management). I have reported them to the BBB, also.

Steer clear of this company. While the service is OK when it works, their customer service and their TOS both need some work to cater to the customer's needs. The fact that you have to pay an extra $5.99 should be a BIG RED FLAG. Customer service should be free to all.

stt0616sjs

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
Are you you serious of giving FreedomPop a good review?? You all had never tried calling their numbers to get all staffs asking if you 'Is your calling for an existing account or to activate a services' and no matter what you tell them if it's slightly different from the question, they'll auto transfer you to the "Support or tech line" which asked you 1. press 1 if you're an existing account or 2. if you don't have an existing account. If you pressed 2, it will end the call after an auto response. I got hang up/transfer 10 times with the staffs automatically when I called them no matter what I said if it doesn't relates to having an account with them. Serious the worst company customer services I had talked to. They top At&T with the worst. I couldn't even get past the first stage; yet, have the chance to get to any of your stages mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.