Question What is the best headset for $100 or shorter?

DionL

Great
Apr 2, 2019
Hello, Forum! :benetton:

I’ve recently been saving for a gaming headset, and I’ve found various products at the price range of $100: The Logitech G Pro, the SteelSeries Arctis 5, and the HyperX Cloud II. There are also some headsets below the price range, but I want to focus on these main ones. I decided to take off the HyperX Cloud II, mainly because of its no software support and it’s way-too-gamer-ish look. I’m stuck with these two headsets, the G Pro and the Arctis 5. I’ve read multiple reviews, ratings, and specs, but I can’t figure out which should I buy in the future.

What I prefer:

- Audio is my highest concern, since i’ll be playing MOBA and Battle Royale games like Fortnite, Paladins, etc. and I highly recommend a wide soundstage for Gaming and a punchy bass for both Music and Gaming.

- The microphone won’t really matter for me, but I at least need my teammates to hear me loud and clear. A noise-cancelling mic will do, too.

- Comfort is something I’ll put in the middle. I play games and listen with an On-Ear pair of Sony Wired headphones, but I want something that will replace these for Gaming, and comfort is no exception. My ears tend to get sweaty with my Sony pair, so I highly recommend an Over-Ear headset.

- Compatibility matters. I play/listen on PC, PS4 and Mobile (Android). A 3.5mm analog would meet my needs, but I will want to use a USB connection for surround sound, RGB, etc.

- I would like a neat Design, but I’ll leave that for last. I mostly stay indoors when I’m using my existing pair. I don’t go out much with these, and when I do, I’ll like something appealing, while not looking so studio or gaming looking.

If any of these two would most match my needs, let me know. Also recommend me another headset between $50-100 (I could go slightly higher if I’m interested), and I’ll check it out.

DionL

Great
Apr 2, 2019
stick with 1 thread
Hello, Forum! :benetton:

I’ve recently been saving for a gaming headset, and I’ve found various products at the price range of $100: The Logitech G Pro, the SteelSeries Arctis 5, and the HyperX Cloud II. There are also some headsets below the price range, but I want to focus on these main ones. I decided to take off the HyperX Cloud II, mainly because of its no software support and it’s way-too-gamer-ish look. I’m stuck with these two headsets, the G Pro and the Arctis 5. I’ve read multiple reviews, ratings, and specs, but I can’t figure out which should I buy in the future.

What I prefer:

- Audio is my highest concern, since i’ll be playing MOBA and Battle Royale games like Fortnite, Paladins, etc. and I highly recommend a wide soundstage for Gaming and a punchy bass for both Music and Gaming.

- The microphone won’t really matter for me, but I at least need my teammates to hear me loud and clear. A noise-cancelling mic will do, too.

- Comfort is something I’ll put in the middle. I play games and listen with an On-Ear pair of Sony Wired headphones, but I want something that will replace these for Gaming, and comfort is no exception. My ears tend to get sweaty with my Sony pair, so I highly recommend an Over-Ear headset.

- Compatibility matters. I play/listen on PC, PS4 and Mobile (Android). A 3.5mm analog would meet my needs, but I will want to use a USB connection for surround sound, RGB, etc.

- I would like a neat Design, but I’ll leave that for last. I mostly stay indoors when I’m using my existing pair. I don’t go out much with these, and when I do, I’ll like something appealing, while not looking so studio or gaming looking.

If any of these two would most match my needs, let me know. Also recommend me another headset between $50-100 (I could go slightly higher if I’m interested), and I’ll check it out.