What is the BEST of the best?

lil_besho

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
since the iphone 4 is going to be outdated soon and it is very fragile and i have to pay for peripherals to protect it etc..

i was wondering what is the best smartphone in the market in the point of view of roughness, durability, audio, video, data speed, and everything because there are many opinions about that matter and i want to put an end for that http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/confused.gif

no matter what type of smartphone device you purchase you will want to buy a case for it. for blackberry type devices this is most likely a pouch. for iphone and android style touchscreen devices this is probably either a pouch or rubber casing. a screen protector is also suggested or you'll be complaining about scratches. the iphone is no more/less durable than anything else out there on the market in that class of products.

data speed is determined by the capabilities of the phone. 3g? 4g? LTE? get a phone capable of the network you want.

phone responsiveness is more processor and hardware based. if you want snappy perhaps try a dual-core android phone. the downside might be bad battery life.

as for audio, 3.5mm jacks are standard for music. in terms of call quality read the reviews on products.

as for video on screen, all of the screens have a high enough pixel density to be crisp. super amoled screens are probably the best choice now if you can find them. as for taking video clips, find one that is either 720p or 1080p (if you're worried about that) or a phone with mini-hdmi out if you want to hook up to a television.

---

personally i'm a fan of the open nature of android phones. iphones ios feels a bit more refined but doesnt give me the customization options that i want. as android matures i'm sure it will continue to get better and better. i'd recommend getting a 2.3 gingerbread device or 2.2 froyo if you cannot find one.

TRENDING THREADS